Become A Business Analyst
What you'll learn
- At the end of this course you will have a foundation knowledge of all Business Analysis concepts and analysis techniques.
- Business Analysis in the Organisation
- The role of the Business Analyst
- Enterprise level analysis
- External Environment Analysis - PESTLE, Five Force Techniques
- Internal Environment Analysis - Resource Audit, MOST Analysis
- SWOT Analysis Techique
- Analysing the Business Need
- Soft System Methodology Techniques - Rich Picture diagram
- Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Approaches - Waterfall and Agile
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Requirements Elicitation
- Requirements for Re-Use
- Requirements Packages
- Requirements Traceability
- Effective Requirements Interviews
- Essential Modelling
- Introduction to Data Modelling
- Introduction to Use Case Modelling
- Introduction to Process Modelling
- No requirements all student materials provided
Why should you take this course?
This course will help you get started as a Business Analyst. You will understand the essentials about Business Analysis and have practical experience of how to apply core analysis techniques in the work place. This course provides both new and experienced Business Analysts with all the knowledge and tools they need to perform the BA roles.
At the end of this Business Analysis Foundation Skills Course you are very competent in the foundation business analysis skills with a comprehensive understanding of the role of the Business Analyst in both traditional waterfall and Agile based projects.
You will also have the tools and techniques (i.e. UML Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Data Modelling) you need to perform business analysis requirements activities with confidence; you will have solid understanding of key modelling techniques and how to apply them.
How is the course structured & what is included?
You are guided through 10 Lectures. Each Lecture consists of a short audio narrated video, clear instructions for further reading, examples, student materials to download, practical assignments and knowledge quizzes at the end of each lecture.
How long will the course take to complete?
Lectures with practical assignments will take between 1-2 hours to complete. Lectures with reading materials for your review will take about 20-30 minutes of your time.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners to Business Analysis
- Experienced Business Analysts
- Business Professionals
- Testers, Project Managers or Software Developers
A is a degree qualified Certified Business Analyst Professional CBAP® currently living in Melbourne, Australia.
A started her career out with the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in South Africa where she worked as a Technical Analyst on the trading floor 1997. She changed her career shortly after that to take up her very first Business Analysis role with Arthur Andersen in 1998. She was selected to work on a variety of EMEIA based projects early on in her career which allowed significant European travel and she gained valuable global project experience. After a few very long trips to London, Amsterdam and Germany she decided to move across to England where she continued her role in the London based head office. A spent a total of 6 years in London working for both public sector and private sector companies as a Business Analyst. She not only studied with the London University during this time but completed 5 BCS ISEB Business Analysis certifications. After all those long winters, she decided to migrate to Melbourne Australia in 2006. A certified as a CBAP shortly after arriving in Melbourne. Business Analysis career coaching, mentoring and development programs have been an integral part of her experience during the last 6 years.
Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) 2007
BCom (Hon) Informatics 2001
BCS ISEB Business Analysis Certifications 2004
Information Systems Development and Management, London University, 2001
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner 2012