Be a Voice Actor: Making a Living with Your Voice
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 15 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Discover your "money voice"
- Learn how to market and brand yourself
- Identify the type of equipment you need to build your studio
- Learn good recording skills and studio ettiquette
- Learn basic audio editing techniques for a clean sound
- Create a demo that showcases your skills
- Learn where and how to book your first jobs
- Develop a bag full of characters that you can perform as
- None to take the course, but some kind of microphone and recording software will be helpful for practicing homework
- A good imagination and the ability to read a script
- Willingness to look and sound a little silly. :)
Ever been told "you've got a great voice...you should be in cartoons!" Or listened to radio ads and thought, "I could SO do that?" Or maybe you even have a business that you'd like to create GOOD marketing videos for, and you want to learn how to narrate them?
Well, the reality is that it takes more than just a dream and some vocal cords that can imitate funny cartoon characters. But luckily, I'm here to walk you through the steps of getting started!
I'll share my favorite tips and techniques for taking your first steps into the world of voice acting, tell you about my experiences working in the entertainment industry with giants like Universal Studios and Disney, show you the tools you'll need to get a professional sound, help you build your first demos, and give you all the "dirt" for finding work that I've learned the hard way on my own journey to voiceover success.
I'll also use my many years of experience in marketing and branding to help you put your best foot forward when you're ready to take the plunge into starting your voiceover business.
- People looking for a fun job working from home
- Anyone interested in learning about voiceovers
- Actors who want to expand their opportunities
- People who enjoy reading aloud
- Business owners who want to narrate their marketing ads and videos
Introductory video about the many opportunities you can find in the world of Voiceover. We'll expand on each of these in the following lessons.
There's a difference between hearing and listening...have you been listening to voiceovers?