Writing Beautiful RESTful APIs
What you'll learn
- Know a basic understanding of how RESTful APIs work
- Know best practices for designing a set of RESTful APIs
- Know how to leverage the HTTP protocol for RESTful APIs
- Know how to deal with advanced concepts like pagination, search, and authentication and how they pertain to RESTful APIs
- Basic understanding of web based services
- Basic understanding of how web systems communicate with each other
RESTful APIs are part of our everyday life and most may not even know it. Because most of the design and implementation of these APIs is left up to developers and architects, there are a wide array of opinions and ideas on how things should work. This can create a good deal of confusion.
Writing Beautiful RESTful APIs provides a fundamental overview of REST, best practices for design, and discusses several advanced topics like pagination, search, and authentication.
This course is meant for beginners to API design, but it is also a good refresher for those who are familiar to API design or are hoping to gain a deeper understanding of advanced topics.
By the end of the course, you will understand the fundamentals of REST and you'll be able to start designing your APIs to be "beautiful APIs".
Who this course is for:
- This course is for individuals who are interested in learning more about REST
- This course is for individuals who are interested in learning more about RESTful APIs
- This course is for individuals who are interested in learning more about RESTful API design and best practices
Howdy, I'm Ethan.
I'm from Texas and currently live in the Dallas area. I went to a small high school that didn't offer computer science, so my first introduction to it was in college. I had registered to study electrical engineering until the speaker at my orientation canceled and was replaced by a computer engineering graduate. That 60 minutes changed my life and I've had a passion for software development ever since.
While pursuing my degree, I had internships in the telecom and defense industries. Upon finishing my degree I ultimately decided to enter into IT consulting at Credera, because of the promise of working on challenging project across many different industries. While at Credera, I've specialized in building out REST and SOAP web services, 3rd party vendor integrations, and open source architecture.
I enjoy explaining what I've learned and showing others how it can benefit them. I hope my lectures help you in some way and are as easy to follow as I intend them to be. Have fun and feel free to shoot me a question!