Beat Procrastination Today: Time Management Masterclass
What you'll learn
- A step by step blueprint for getting back on top of your day and focusing on your tasks
- The burn the boats technique of committing publicly to an outcome to get it done
- Kanban boards for visualising workflow and prioritising in-progress tasks
- How we make decisions based on emotions and how to use that to your advantage
- The importance of overcoming your mind's ability to self-justify distractions
- Why you don't go to the gym because of the benefits of the gym
- How Remonah Stemmer used burn the boats and Kanban powerfully in her studies
- Visualising workflow as a positive reinforcement technique for getting motivated
- Exactly how you set up a Kanban board in the simplest way to be the most effective
- The principle of limit work in progress and how this ensures you make more progress
- How you must burn your boats for the tasks in the in-progress column
- The principle of cadence as a regular cycle of reviewing and updating your Kanban board
- What kind of support, coaching you should get from the person you burn your boats with
- There are no course requirements or prerequisites
"Good balance of expert theory backed up with his real life practical examples so you can see he practices what he preaches. Course has good variety of material and mediums so it's engaging too." - Richard P.
"This is a great course for everybody especially for people who struggle with procrastination, time management and being organised" - Sizwe N.
"Its really an eye opener, all things I complete are either with due dates or promised to someone" - Lebogang M.
“This course gave very practical and useful tips and ideas to incorporate into your work and help you become successful at beating procrastination.” - Darlene LeBlanc
"Great to get tools that can actually be used in day to day office life. Simple and effective. I have set up a digital Kanban board on my desktop and will use this going forward! Thank you" - Raymond Knott
Do you struggle with procrastination? Do you find it hard to really focus on the key tasks that you need to get done. Many people have similar issues and in this course you will get practical, step by step techniques that you can use to master your time and master your tasks. Your mind will play tricks on you to get out of doing work and you need to take back control so that you regain your momentum and become more successful.
In the course you will get:
Engaging 1:1 lessons that teach you in practical ways exactly what you need to know
A wipeboard lesson that teaches you an overview of the course and your journey of transformation
Activities for each section so you can practice what you have learnt and start achieving your goals
Downloadable worksheets that you can refer to for the key principles and practices of the main techniques
Demonstration lessons showing actual students from our community using these techniques and achieving their goals
An assignment at the end of the main lessons, in which you commit to creating good habits over a number of days
Access to myself at any time through the messaging feature of the platform
Encouragement from other students who are in the same 'boat' and working on the same challenges, just like you
Articles, resources and additional material to maximise your learning experience and ensure you achieve your goals.
Additional lessons and demos teaching more advanced insights about Kanban
Join me in this course and I will take you step by step through everything you need to know. I've coached my clients with these techniques and seen the benefits first hand. You will also meet 2 of my students in this course and see exactly how they burnt their boats and use Kanban to stay focused and be successful.
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to achieve success by working harder
- Employees of organisations who want to be more successful
- Anyone who has workload that they need to prioritise and complete
"What an amazing course! After finishing this course, I have confidence. Thank so much Dr Peter Alkema" ... "This is exactly the jump-start I needed. Very clear and concise"
I lead Digital Transformation & Architecture at ABB and I've been featured on CNBC Africa and won the Gartner CIO Of The Year in 2016. I founded and led the largest banking hackathon in South Africa which was published in 2019 as a case study by Harvard Business School.
I've taught over 100,000 students about technology, business, academics and self-development. In 2020 I completed my PhD at Wits University In Johannesburg. The study introduced a ground-breaking theory of Agile software development teams. My woodworking book was published in 2014 and has sold over 10,000 copies.
Olugbenga Gbadegesin: "Excellent delivery" / Lebogang Tswelapele: "This is what I have been longing for" / Paskalia Ndapandula: "Peter speaks with so much clarity" / Amantle Mangwedi: "It was straight to the point and the sections are cut into nice short segments which made it easier to go through" Kathy Bermudez: "Excellent material. Well organized..."
Werner van Wyk: "Thank you Peter, once again your lesson and course have given me so much knowledge and understanding" / Yvonne Rudolph "I really look forward to take everything i learned in action" / Josephine Mahlangu: "exactly what I needed to know, absolutely valuable and helpful for my personal growth"