Beat Insomnia: Sleep Better Tonight Using Proven Techniques
What you'll learn
- What insomnia is, what causes it
- How to diagnose insomnia
- Why sleep matters
- The different types of sleep and why they are important
- What constitutes enough sleep
- What dreams are
- What nightmares are
- How to tell if you need a new bed
- What to eat to get a better sleep
- The best sleeping postures to use
- How to deal with noise
- The best temperature for sleeping
- Pregnancy & how it affects sleep
- How to lay your room out for better sleep
- What meditation is and how it supports insomnia management & stress reduction
- 3 meditations to help get a better nights sleep
- This course has no prerequisites, it does however expect the student to complete a self-assessed questionnaire and a sleep diary which will help to guide you through the course
I have put together Beat Insomnia: Sleep Better Tonight Using Proven Techniques as I strongly believe that many people around the world are suffering needlessly, and governments and healthcare professionals are often letting them down. In fact statistics from the Sleep Health Foundation show that up to 30% of people you know will experience insomnia at some point in their lives despite many people living more comfortable lives than ever before...
If you believe that you or somebody important to you in your life may be affected by insomnia, often a by product of anxiety this course is for you! It explains what insomnia is from a medical perspective, it takes you the different stages of sleep and even includes a self-assessment with instructions on next steps, along with information you can take to your friendly local doctor. This is very important, as sometimes the key symptoms that are causing insomnia can look like anxiety, but this can be incorrectly diagnosed. Not many Udemy courses recognise this important fact.
Everything discussed in this course is rooted in science, but I have tried to simplify the jargon so its a bit easier to listen to. As a fully qualified yoga teacher with over 20 years meditation experience I believe that much can be achieved by working with the mind, but I know that this activity must be supported by a heathy and strong body that is heavily dependent on sleep. It is for this reason that on the course you will learn to manage insomnia from both a physical and mental perspective.
This course is suitable for all students and offers a proven path to access the important stages of sleep your body and mind crave. Meditation and sleep hacks (tricks and tips) form the bulk of the learning material, please bear in mind though that this is only the start of your journey. If anybody suggests, that their course or school tells you everything you need to know, you may want to... well meditate on it. In the yoga world, we like to think that everybody is potentially your teacher, especially your students.
The time investment needed to see benefit from this course varies, but many people notice positive changes after practising the meditation for only 90 minutes per week for 3-4 weeks. Regarding the sleep hacks, these can be integrated into your daily routine, and the amount you do to begin with will depend on your situation and resources.
Thank you for dropping by, I hope to welcome you to the course soon,
Here's to a health life with more sleep and less anxiety, fear & stress!
Who this course is for:
- This course is suitable for all students, but primarily aimed at those who believe they are suffering from insomnia. Clinical anxiety affects 1/3 of people at sometime in their lives and contributes to feelings of fear and stress.
Laura has practiced yoga & meditation for over 15 years and has taught it as a fully qualified professional for nearly a decade. When she is not teaching clients on Skype she is traveling around the world with her family seeing friends, relatives and supporting charities / NGOs.
Whilst she recognises the roots of where Yoga comes from (Pre-Vedic Hinduism), Laura does not feel that yogic practice always has to aim for enlightenment. As a teacher she works with her students supporting each of them on their own personal journey. Be that to recover from an operation, or to become more patient with their partner.