What you'll learn
- Gain skills and tools for active listening
- Learn how to fight fair to reach a resolution
- Eliminate screaming and silent treatment
- Utilize "I" statements, the Power of Forgiveness, and the Power of Touch
- Understand your partner and yourself on a deeper level in order to reconnect
- Appreciate the differences that make you unique in order to minimize conflict
- Discover the impact of childhood on your relationship and how you communicate with each other
- Come as you are. You will learn everything you need to know to start communicating effectively.
Be Heard is designed to teach individuals and couples how to communicate effectively in relationships. According to a recent study by the American Acadmy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML), communication problems were the number one reason for divorce in the United States. The study stated that about 67.5 % of all marriages failed because of a breakdown in communication.
Use skills and tools to teach you the art and science of communicating.
Is broken down into five modules (in the theme of a playbook): Pre-Game, Reverse Play, Active Listening Play, Power Plays, and Non-verbal Plays.
Modules include videos, exercises, and heart work assignments to enhance your experience and deepen your understanding.
Teach you how to fight fair, the power of forgiveness, the power of a touch, the impact of childhood in your relationship, how to detect what your spouse is saying through their body language, and much more.
Discover "fouls on the play" that cause breakdowns in your line of communication.
Support you in understanding your spouse better.
You will be able to express yourself in a more authentic and loving way.
Teaches you how to create a safe space to discuss everything from daily activities to your most intimate thoughts and feelings.
Will help you restore, renew, and reconnect in your relationship.
How to be prepared for this course:
A writing utensil, paper, heart work/pre-session assignments complete, water, and a willing attitude.
Be ready to have open discussions throughout the course.
It is highly recommended that you complete the course together but it can be completed individually.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for couples that are experiencing a breakdown in communication and desire to be heard in their relationship.
- This course is for couples that want to save their relationship.
- This course is for couples/individuals that desire to learn effective communications skills and tools needed for a healthy marriage/relationship.
- This course is for couples that want to learn how to listen, respond, explain, and understand within their relationship.
Candace Tuck is a Spiritual Life & Relationship Coach, counselor, speaker, author, and podcaster. She completed her Life Coaching program under the guidance of Inner Visions Institute of Spiritual Development. She has her own private coaching practice, We Will Win, where she, along with her husband, offers individual, couples, and group coaching. She also provides on-site mental wellness support and SEL workshops to schools, organizations and businesses. She is a proud graduate of Jarvis Christian College and Tarleton State University.
She has facilitated workshops at LSSSC, Texas Alliance of Black School Educators, and Restorative Practice & Training conferences, and a host of other conferences.
Remon Tuck is a Relationship coach, educator, speaker, author, and podcaster. He is passionate, funny, and has an amazing ability to connect with people. He enjoys supporting couples struggling in their marriages. He is a graduate of Jarvis Christian College and Strayer University.
Together, Remon and Candace speak at marriage conferences, events, and on many platforms to inspire, encourage, and give support to the marriage union. They are the co-authors of the book, Somebody Shoulda Told Me, Marriage Do We Really Know What It's About?. They host events in their city for couples to reconnect and restore their relationships. They are passionate about seeing couples win in their commitment to themselves and God.