BE A WINNER: Become a Winning Educator at a Demanding School
What you'll learn
- Be properly prepared with a winning attitude for anticipated challenges when working in education
- Apply a variety of strategies and techniques to be more engaging and influential
- Discover your "Why?"
- Recognize healthy and unhealthy behaviors from students, other school staff members and YOURSELF
- Master owning responsibilites
- Be more conscious of what a winning attitude looks like
- Have a better mindset when dealing with feelings of being unappreciated, disrespected, frustrated and overwhelmed
- Communicate in a more effective manner to create connections with other staff members and students
- Gain a deeper understanding on WHY certain behaviors occur and be equipped with strategies on how to simply RESPOND
- Gain a more positive outlook of the world around you
- Students will need to have the ability to 'think beyond the box' . This means shifting your frame of mind from expected or traditional behaviors so that winning solutions will be able to materialize
- Students will need to have an open mind. This means you are receptive to new ideas and that you are willing to consider putting these ideas into practice.
- Students need to be eager to maximize their personal potential
You wake up every morning to go to work and your days have become a bona-fide daily grind, not to mention it's turning out to be a bit monotonous. You can almost expect to constantly have to give your attention to those "oh-so wonderful" students that choose to make poor decisions all...day...long, or that "special" staff member that changes your mood (and not for the better) without even having to say a word, or even having to present or sit through a professional development that both the audience and the presenter knows will be ineffective. That is, unless you have the fundamentals. You see, all of the fancy instructional strategies or critical pedagogy will continue to be useless to you personally if you don't have a clear understanding of some very key elements.
You now have access to a meaningful course for educators that reemphasizes that hard work, sacrifice, perseverance, competitive drive, selflessness and respect for the common person is the price that every one of us must pay to win in life. These often lost and forgotten treasures will be revisited in this course with an emphasis on having a WINNING ATTITUDE. As an educator, whether you are an administrator, teacher or school personnel, you will be equipped to guide your students to become champions, which will ultimately make your job easier. This course is the first in a series from the Be a Winner Playbook for Educators where you will be reacquainted with the discipline and the will to win, which already lies in each educator.
DISCLAIMER: This course and presentation, including examples are provided for informational purposes only. The Instructors makes no warranties, either expressed or implied.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for any Educator (includes Administrator, Teacher and School Personnel)
- This course is specifically designed for Educators in a Preschool - 12th grade setting
- Anyone that has any influence on youth in a school setting
- POINT BLANK... If you get a paycheck for working with students in any facet (or plan to in the future), this course is for YOU!
Nikki Ace holds a Clear California Credential with almost a decade of teaching experience. She enthusiastically accepted an elementary school teaching position soon after graduating with a Bachelors Degree in Child Development. Her experience working in South Central Los Angeles with families of low socioeconomic status taught her many things, such as: 1) Students expectations individually and collectively have changed since she was growing up, 2) How strong and consistent leadership has a strong effect on student achievement and morale, and 3) How creating a positive school culture has a positive impact on all staff and student productivity.
Nikki Ace is currently serving in the capacity of full time Stay-At-Home Mom to two 'knee-slapping funny' children. Her 8-year old son Wesley and her 4-year old daughter Dani is like carbonation in a soda pop - bubbly all over. She has been joyfully married to her buddy, Wesley Ace, for 9 years. Wesley Ace also works in education and his experience and insight helped to inspire the BE A WINNER MOVEMENT in which Nikki is Co-founder.
Nikki Ace defines her purpose as this: " To help individuals realize their innate value - and through this, build enough confidence to achieve what they have been uniquely designed to achieve". She plans on doing this via the BE A WINNER MOVEMENT.
| With his LAUSD, Private School, and Charter School experience, Wesley Ace has “played positions” as a Teacher’s Assistant, General Ed. Teacher, Adaptive PE Teacher, Dean of Students, Assistant Athletic Director, Football and Baseball Coach, BTSA Support Provider, Positive Behavior Support Coordinator, and Assistant Principal. This abundance of experience has given him the fortitude to be a huge contributing factor in transforming school culture resulting in large API increases and overall student achievement. Essentially, this has been achieved through his Be A Winner Movement.|
Wesley Ace has been married to his lovely wife, Nikki Ace, for 9 years. She is also the Co-founder of the BE A WINNER MOVEMENT. They have been blessed with two amazing children, Wesley (7 years old) and Dani (3 years old). He believes that winning at HOME first is essential to winning at anything and anywhere else.