BDD in C# - using Specflow (Cucumber) to develop a REST API and automate software testing
What you'll learn
- Develop software in BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) using Cucumber software
- Use SpecFlow to develop software applications
- Collaborate with other team members ( developers, stakeholders, testers, etc.) through SpecFlow to to create a better product
- Develop a working REST API using SpecFlow following the BDD process
- Basic knowledge of an object oriented language ( ideally C# ) is required to fully understand some areas of this course
In this course you will learn about Behaviour Driven Development in C# and how this can be done using Specflow, which is the .Net implementation of Cucumber.
We will be going Specflow's core features in detail including:
- Scenario Outlines
- Scoped bindings
- Step Definitions
- Running tests
- and many more..
The course starts off with both video tutorials explaining the Behaviour Driven Development process and an introduction to SpecFlow,followed by practical coding sessions where we will be developing a REST API together using SpecFlow and BDD to make sure that we are able to apply what we have learnt.
I'm also available to answer any queries you may have regarding any course material which you didn't understand or would like further detail on.
Who this course is for:
- Developers & Software testers who would like to learn how to use SpecFlow and Gherkin language
- Testers and QAs who would like to understand better how SpecFlow should form part of the BDD cycle
- Project Managers and stakeholders who want to understand how BDD and Specflow can be used in their projects
With an MSc in Software Engineering in addition to over 10 years of professional experience in various software development sectors including e-commerce, finance, and gaming spanning both front end and back end development - I will be delivering to you high-quality courses containing condensed information of different technologies and software architecture design skills that I have acquired through my years.
My goal is to transfer this knowledge to my students in an effective way, without any time-wasting or beating around the bush. My courses are all straight to the point and provide both explanations and examples to ensure the student has fully understood the concepts being explained.
Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me!
I'm also available for consultation sessions and long term engagements.