Battleship over Solace PubSub+
- Previous development experience is required
- Basic understanding of TCP and networking is beneficial, but not necessary
- Java JDK
In this course, you will learn about features of the Solace PubSub+ platform to create event driven distributed applications using modern frameworks and languages by implementing a multiplayer game of Battleship. The course will run you through the creation of a front-end, built using TypeScript (with the Aurelia framework), and a backend, built using Java (using the Spring Cloud Stream framework) - and using Solace PubSub+ to seamlessly communicate between these two application components.
By the end of the course, students will have an understanding of different message exchange patterns that can be implemented over Solace PubSub+, the rich polyglot support of the Solace PubSub+ APIs, and the fundamentals of how to architect distributed systems
The hands on portion of this course is implemented through this codelab - https://codelabs.solace.dev/codelabs/solace-battleship/ . Once enrolled in this course and logged into Udemy, the codelab will contain links to all applicable Udemy videos.
Who this course is for:
- Developers, specifically those with an interest in building distributed applications and microservices
- Developers involved with creating applications that utilize the various Solace features and capabilities
- 04:27Event Driven Architecture
- 02:03Who is Solace?
I have worked at Solace as a Customer Support Engineer, and as a Global Training Professional. I help customers to migrate from a siloed, monolithic architecture to an Event Driven Architecture. Solace PubSub+ enables the movement of data in an asynchronous manner, allowing distributed applications to seamlessly connect over any protocol.