Learn BASS GUITAR- Have Fun, Amaze Your Friends- It's Easy!
What you'll learn
- Play popular music on the bass guitar
- Understand frets and strings on the bass guitar
- Understand scales such as A Minor, A Major and the Pentatonic Scale
- Play the bass guitar to a beat
- Understand how to fit scales and other progressions together into one cohesive song
- Have a bass guitar, preferably electric
- Have a guitar pick
"More than your average lesson! This course is great! It teaches you more than just the basic steps of how to play bass."
**COURSE UPDATED 11/19/15
**OVER 1300 SATISFIED STUDENTS
What is this course about?
Learn to play the electric bass guitar. It is a BEGINNER level bass guitar course that will cover everything you need to go from a total beginner to playing your first scales and songs. You will learn about strings, frets, playing techniques, scales, improvisation and much more.
Why take this course?
- Learn everything you need to know to start playing the bass guitar.
- Learn your first songs on bass guitar
- Learn about scales, frets, strings and progressions
Do you want to learn an instrument and be able to confidently play the songs you love for family and friends, jam with musicians, or even play on a stage with a band?
If so, then this bass guitar course is right for you!
You'll be playing recognizable music in no time!
What kind of materials are included?
Over 50 lectures that walk you through an understanding of the instrument!
Many charts and practice mp3 files to increase your mastery!
How long will the course take to complete?
Students should expect to practice in order to get the results that they want and should use these lectures over and over again as a resource.
How is the course structured?
The course is broken down into 12 Sections:
2) Bass Basics
3) Playing Your First Song
4) Seven Nation Army
5) The Minor Scale
6) The Major Scale
8) The Pentatonic Scale
9) Special Techniques
10) Popular Basslines
11) The Grand Finale
***This course is designed for those whom are BEGINNERS. You will start with the basics and work your way into some more advanced concepts like using various scales and progressions.
***DON'T take this course if you are an ADVANCED bass guitar player. This course is meant for beginners who want to learn to play.
***Instructor uses a guitar pick for the entire course.
SIGN UP AND START LEARNING TODAY. DON'T WASTE ANOTHER MINUTE.
SEE YOU IN CLASS!
Who this course is for:
- The course is for beginners and absolute beginners. Do not take this course if you are experienced playing the bass guitar.
- The instructor uses a guitar pick in order to teach his lessons. Do not take this course if you want to learn to pluck the bass with your fingers
- DO take this course if you are interested in learning how to play the bass guitar
- DO take this course if you want to be able to jam with friends or show off to them!
- DO take this course if you want a solid foundation for understanding the bass guitar
Mr. Guarino is a certified teacher, online creator and former YouTube sensation. He is a graduate of Iona College and Lehman College where he earned degrees in both Marketing and Education and later earned three certificates from the Berklee College of Music. He can play many different musical instruments such as the guitar, drums, electronic keyboard and bass guitar. His YouTube channel "Matty G the Musician" features videos of him performing as a One Man Band and earned him millions of YouTube hits, thousands of fans and led to work on an MTV show and a commercial for the 2010 Grammy Awards. He also has some acting experience and credits on IMDB. He loves to be creative and enjoys learning and experiencing new places. He has spent the last nine years running music programs at schools in New York City and Westchester. Upon joining Udemy, his course on Garageband was quickly featured on the Udemy blog (2015). He has appreciated being part of the Udemy community for over five years and hopes to continue to inspire his students for years to come.