Basics of Warehouse Management
What you'll learn
- You will understand the functions of the warehousing in today's supply chain
- You will be able to analyse the individual processes within the warehouse, improve efficiency and productivity, improve quality and accuracy, and reduce costs
- You will understand how to choose and utilise the equipment in the warehouse, including warehouse management systems, handling equipment, and storage systems
- You will have gained the skills to measure the costs and performance of warehouse activities
- You will know how to manage, calculate, and control inventory costs, order quantities, lead times, periodic review systems, and safety and target stock levels
- You will have the ability to evaluate and analyze health and safety issues in the warehouse, its impact on the environment, and outsourcing opportunities
- You should have basic understanding of warehouse terminology and processes
The warehouse continues to play a key role in every organisation's supply chain. Managers can benefit greatly from a better understanding of just what this role entails, and how it directly affects business. Because it's vital that finished goods be held in close proximity to the point of consumption, many warehouses have evolved beyond simple storage facilities to provide fulfilment, sortation, and consolidation services as cross-docking and transshipment centres.
This course was designed based on the instructor's real-world knowledge and experience, gained through hands-on operations. It will enable you to improve your warehouse procedures as a whole, by teaching you the basic principles of warehousing, and by examining both the current challenges and future advances associated with warehouse management. You'll learn effective methods for increasing productivity, reducing costs, improving customer relations, maintaining employee health and safety, and mitigating negative environmental effects.
By completing this course, you'll be armed with the valuable and practical skills you need to improve both your personal performance as a Warehouse Manager, and the overall performance of your company's warehouse as an integral part of the supply chain. You'll know how to increase the efficiency, productivity, quality and accuracy of your warehouse procedures. You'll understand key elements such as choosing the right technology, storage, and handling equipment, as well as effective workforce management and evaluation methods. You'll also understand the significance of improving health and safety, and reducing adverse environmental outcomes. And finally, you'll know how to use outsourcing opportunities to effectively fulfil warehouse functions.
Who this course is for:
- The course is for beginners and intermediate professionals involved in the day-to-day operations of a warehouse.
- The course is for students who are considering career in warehousing and logistics.
We provide courses and programs related to Industrial Management, Logistics, Transportation, Supply Chain Operations, Manufacturing and Warehouse Management.
Our team includes instructors with expertise in manufacturing, logistics, operations, and services. All the instructors are international-level professionals, having 15+ years of practice and Master’s Degree in their relevant field.
Among other professional recognitions, our instructors are Certified Supply Chain Professionals (CSCP), Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belts and Certified in Sales and Operations Planning.
We strive to provide an interactive and engaging learning experience for professionals all around the globe and help them understand and adapt to the requirements of modern management.