Basics of Visual Merchandising & Store Design
What you'll learn
- Explain What Is Visual Merchandising
- Explain Relation between VMD and Sales Performance
- Explain the Elements of Visual Merchandising
- List the Tips for Effective Window Display
- Explain Relation between VMD and Store Layout
- Describe the Types of Store Layouts
- List the Objectives of the Store Front Design
- Explain How to Balance the Trade-offs in Store Design
- List the Elements of Exterior and Interior Store Design
- Explain the Considerations for Store Interior Design
- List the Characteristics of a Good Store Design
- List the Indications of Space Problem
- Explain Role of Space Management in VMD & Store Design
- Explain Use VMD & Store Design to Influence Consumers
- List the Factors Influencing VMD and Store Design
- No prior knowledge is required
Visual Merchandising and Store Design are an important aspect which are crucial to the success of a retail store as it helps to positively influence the consumer’s buying behaviour and also helps create a good image of the store and provide a unique, comfortable and happy shopping experience for its consumers. The primary aim of ‘Visual Merchandising’ is on the visual presentation of goods in retail stores. Hence, the Visual Merchandising lays stress upon visual elements as they help to seize the attention of consumers. So, Visual Merchandising can be defined as the finest presentation of merchandise using a balance of color, coordination, accessorization and self-explanatory displays.
Therefore, Visual Merchandising is a merchandising technique that involved the effective use of visual elements. Here, visual elements refer to lighting, colors and signage. So, visual merchandising is the art of using visual communications in the designing of an environment. Visual Merchandising is a crucial aspect of any retail store because it helps to create a positive influence on the purchasing behavior of consumers by creating an inviting atmosphere that draws people into the store and also keeps them there longer. Hence, it is the visual merchandising of a retail store that stops people in their tracks and admire a window display.
In fact, studies have found that an efficient and effective visual merchandising can greatly improve a store’s brand image and increase sales. People are driven to spend more time in a store due to the store image and a comfortable shopping environment. However, retail store elements such as lighting, color, signage and visual merchandising have an instant effect on the buying decision making process. Hence, it is recommended that retailers should always try to enhance their brand image and value by adding new and creative elements to their current retail marketing mix.
Retailers should try out new and exciting elements to instill energy and excitement among their consumers through the use of unique elements such as large display videos, graphics, music and lighting that help create a unique atmosphere and shopping experience.
Who this course is for:
- Business people
- Store owners
Management Study Guide is a complete tutorial for management students, where students can learn the basics as well as advanced concepts related to management and its related subjects.
Learn management concepts and skills rapidly with easy to understand learning modules and powerpoint presentations. We offer an attractive, application focused, learning methodology which reduces learning resistance and enables quick absorption of knowledge and skills.
Our unique step-by-step, online learning model along with amazing courses prepared by top notch professionals from the Industry help participants achieve their goals successfully.