Basics of Mathematics for Competitive Exams
What you'll learn
- Basic concepts of Mathematics needed for most competitive exams
- Learning the problem solving skills
- How to think while approaching Math problems
- Get an extra edge in competitions like JEE Advance, KVPY, Olympiad
- Loads of practice problems and resources
- Need to know Math up to grade 8
- Computer and Internet Connection
- willingness to dedicate time to problem Solving
Learn Entry level concepts for almost all the high level Mathematics Exams
This Course include explanations and problem solving on everything from Basics of Mathematics which are quite useful for all the
competitive Exams. This course will build problem solving skills in you and will set you up to face difficult high level topics like
Number theory, Combinatorics and Calculus.
This course has video lectures, notes in pdf and workbooks to help you test your understanding along the way. To Navigate it better, Basics of Mathematics is organised
into the following Sections
1) Introduction to Number System and properties of elements of Number system
2) Algebraic Identities and learning to manipulate Algebraic Expressions
3) Set Theory - What is Set, operations on Set and its applications
4) Polynomial and theorems - Basic Terminology, factor and remainder theorem
5) Algebraic Inequalities and Wave Curve method
6) Understanding and Simplifying surds
7) Functions and Graphs - learn to plot graphs of basic function and also how to extract information from a given graph.
Each Subsection will have a set of video lectures followed by pdf notes and worksheets based on what is being taught in the section. Attempting
worksheet before moving to another section will be beneficial. Any doubts regarding the course can be asked in Q&A.
Who this course is for:
- IIT JEE , KVPY and Math Olympiad Aspirants
- anyone willing to learn problem solving skills
Being a Math enthusiast and a Son of Math professor, I have always wondered what is the easiest way to get to the right approach to solve Math problems. Its hard to comprehend how a simple yet hard to find idea can totally change the course we looked at problem. Solving Math problems excite me as it looks just like finding that Idea.
Hi I am Manish Gupta, Graduate of IIT Bombay. I have been teaching Mathematics for 11 years and have taught 1000s of students, 100s of whom have qualified JEE and few reached Olympiad Internation and national stages.
On Udemy, I expect to guide you in the easiest of ways how Math can be handled in challending exams like Olympiad, JEE and Kvpy.