Types of Life Insurance
In this course, we will learn about the purpose of insurance and how we can go about determining our insurance needs. We will learn how to compare between different life insurance products and learn strategies in selecting the right types of insurance for our needs.
Different types of Life Insurance policies are covered:
- Term Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Endowment Insurance
- Investment Linked Insurance
- working adults
- Life Insurance In A Nutshell02:28
- Basics of Life Insurance Introduction00:59
- MoneySENSE Core Financial Capabilities Framework01:34
- The Importance Of Insurance03:08
- Understanding Insurance00:42
- Assessing Your Insurance Needs02:05
- How Much Insurance Is Enough?02:49
- How Much Insurance Is Enough? A Calculation Example04:15
- Comparison Of Types Of Insurance08:42
- Types Of Insurance00:48
- Term, Whole Life, Endowment Insurance and Annuities06:58
- Text: Term, Whole Life, Endowment Insurance and Annuities05:28
- Investment-Linked Insurance Policies (ILPs)05:48
- Text: Investment-Linked Insurance02:33
- Interpreting Your Insurance Document00:38
- Text: Interpreting Your Insurance Document02:39
- Strategies In Choosing Insurance03:19
- Text: Strategies in Choosing Insurance02:23
- Insurance Case Study03:04
- Case Study 2 - Savings Example08:19
- Questions To Ask Yourself03:16
- Summary of Life Insurance Products00:31
- Quiz on Basics Of Life Insurance3 questions
- Additional Resources01:40
BA (Hons) Business and Finance
Ferris Wee is a qualified Financial Planner, and through his previous workplace, a global financial services company, he has helped more than one hundred clients with his clear process in reviewing their financial needs. Specifically, he has helped clients to identify their goals and ensure that they make the right choices to meet those goals today, tomorrow and in the years to come.
Ferris is passionate about leading people beyond financial breakthroughs, and has conducted financial literacy training in Singapore and Indonesia, as well as sports camp training for youths in India. Ferris is also an experienced financial counselor, helping many people manage their budget to meet their financial responsibilities.
Ferris is a Certified Will Writer, and has provided Professional Will writing, estate planning and custody services. He is also an Associate Estate Planning Practitioner.
Prior to his career in financial planning, Ferris was with the Republic of Singapore Air Force working on budgeting, logistics, maintenance and overseeing safety issues. For his strong leadership qualities, Ferris received the Outstanding Safety Warrior Award.
Ferris has a BA (2nd Class Upper Honours) specializing in Business and Finance. He also holds industry certifications in M5, M8, M8A, M9, M9A, HI, BCP and PGI.
The Institute for Financial Literacy is a collaboration between MoneySense and Singapore Polytechnic Enterprise.
Our financial education courses cover basic money management, financial planning and investment know-how.