Basics of Knitting
What you'll learn
- Fundamentals of knitting
- What is the difference between knitting and crochet
- How to shape by increasing or decreasing loops
- How to add yarn for knitting
- Knitting techniques - Knit side, Purl Side, Rib Stitch, Welt Stitch, Fair Isle, etc.
- Types of Products which can be made through Knitting
- Technicality of Knitting
- Knitting Needle or Pin of any material (steel, plastic, or bamboo)
- Yarn of any material (cotton, wool, polyester, or acrylic)
- Tapestry Needle
There are many misconceptions about knitting being a difficult task. It is clearly a myth. If you get your basics right, nothing can seem as simple and enjoyable a task as knitting.
While there are learners who have never done knitting in their life and there are professionals who want to revise and recall their knowledge. The course is strategically tailored to suit the requirements of both the learners.
The course is divided into four sections -
Introduction to knitting
Basic knitting techniques
Advanced knitting techniques
Introduction to knitting - This section makes you aware about basics of knitting, what is knitting, different materials used for knitting - yarn and needles. It also covers the standard variety of yarn and needles available in the market. In short, it makes you aware about the nitty gritties related knitting.
Basic knitting techniques - This section covers the basic techniques like cast on, cast off, knit side, purl side, etc. It gets you started on knitting by introducing slip knots and looping and so on.
Advanced knitting techniques - Starting from basics, this section covers the stitching techniques in knitting like welt stitch, rib stitch, to name a few. You will also learn how to create vertical and horizontal patterns, and add yarn to knitting.
Products - In this section, you will learn about stitch gauge and know where are the knitted products commonly used.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn knitting
- Anyone who wants to learn a new skill
- Aspiring and professional artists, students, and fashion designers, fashion stylists, fashion managers, and fashion bloggers
Indian Design League is one of its kind edtech training academy which offers creative and cutting-edge courses right at your fingertips. IDL provides access to exemplary quality of online learning, resources, and instructors and you can learn anywhere, anytime. The courses at IDL are intricately designed as per competent industry standards and the language is easy to understand.