Basics of infection control practices in hospital
- Basic medical knowledge about hospital acquired infection
Every one of us has gotten sick or dealt with an infection at some point in our lives. That is just considered part of daily life.
However, did you know one of the most common risk places to get an infection is at healthcare facilities such as hospitals, OPD, dental offices, dialysis center,etc.?
Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) are among the most common complications of healthcare services worldwide. These types of infections occur when a person seeks help for one illness or injury and during treatment at a healthcare facility acquires an unrelated illness that was not present at the time of admission.
This course demonstrates the roles of various caregivers involved in a hospital environment to know, what are sources of infection in their surroundings, how they infect others including their colleagues and patient in the hospital and various ways to break the chain of infection.
Who this course is for:
- Healthcare professionals (doctors, nurses, dentists, physiotherapists, nutritionists, paramedical and technical staff). Hospital administrators and other administrative staff involved directly or indirectly in caring of patients.
- 04:28Basics of hospital acquired infections. The concept
- 03:02Biomedical Waste Mangement-Get your colours right
- 02:17Prevention of needle stick injury
- 02:58Hand Hygiene:Tips and Tricks
I am a doctor in anesthesiology, working in India. Medicine is my first love and teaching is my second. It was in college where I first discovered my passion for teaching and helping others by sharing all I knew.
Aim of my courses on Udemy is to make a long lasting impact, so that student get the maximum value out of my teaching.