Basics of IC Engine
- Able to understand math and science basics
I C Engine means Internal Combustion Engine. Internal Combustion Engine means Engine in which combustion takes place inside the engine cylinder.
I C Engine can be classified as below
1. On the basis of Fuel used : Petrol Engine and Diesel Engine
2. On the basis of strokes of cycle : 2 stroke and 4 stroke
3. On the basis of combustion cycle : Otto Cycle and Diesel Cycle
4. On the basis of motion : Reciprocating and Rotary Engine
Mostly reciprocating I C Engine is used in all applications like Automobile, Power Generation, Locomotive etc
In this course reciprocating I C engine is discuses in details
In "Engine Terminology" video all terms related to I C Engine like cylinder bore, stroke, TDC, BDC, piston displacement etc are explained in detail.
In "working of 2 stroke engine" construction, working, advantage and disadvantages of 2 stroke engine is explained in detail.
In "working of 4 stroke engine" construction, working, advantage and disadvantages of 4 stroke engine is explained in detail.
In "power and efficiency of engine" video discussed indicated power, break power, frictional power, mechanical efficiency and related efficiencies in detail with its formula..
In "heat balance sheet and its calculations video discussed heat balance sheet in detail and its calculations with formula.
In "numerical on HBS" video one numerical on heat balance sheet is solved in detail.
Who this course is for:
- Diploma Students of MSBTE Mechanical Engineering
- 14:47Engine Terminology
- 10:54Working of 2 stroke Engine
- 12:25Working of 4 stroke Engine
- 15:32Power and Efficiency of Engine
- 14:02Heat Balance Sheet and its calculations
- 11:51Numerical on Heat Balance Sheet
Qualified as BE in production from Shivaji University and ME in Automation from Pune University, Mr V.S. Kalamani is working as HOD of Mechanical Engineering in K.K. Wagh Polytechnic.
He has presented paper in 10 national and 5 international conferences
He organised FDP, training for staff and students
He attended many industrial training programs, industrial visits, FDP etc.
Under his leadership Mechanical Engineering department got NBA Accredited.