Basics of GraphQL with Ruby on Rails
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Use GraphQL to communicate between back-end and front-end, including authentication.
- You should have already created at least one Ruby on Rails application.
- You should have some familiarity with what API applications are.
This course teaches the basics of using GraphQL in a Rails application. GraphQL is a query language invented by Facebook in 2012, and made open source in 2015. While it has certain clear advantages over REST, it also has a somewhat steeper learning curve.
Structured in a simple and accessible manner, these lectures will help you get on your way to using GraphQL to circulate data between back-end and front-end applications.
In the first section we will learn about reading data; in the second, about changing data; and the slightly more advanced third section is about protecting data.
- Back-end developers in Ruby on Rails who are looking for a better way to talk to front-ends.