Get started with GIS & Remote Sensing in QGIS #Beginners
What you'll learn
- Fully understand basics of GIS and Remote Sensing
- Learn Applications of GIS and Remote Sensing
- Learn open source GIS and Remote Sensing software tools
- Learn feely available sources of geodata
- Fully understand the components of GIS system and its main functionality
- Learn how to install QGIS and its basics functionallity
- Learn how to create basic GIS-based map
- Learn Geodata types: raster and vector data types
- The course is for beginners, Freshers or for those transitioning from another industry or discipline.
- A working computer.
This course provides an introduction to GIS (geographic information systems) and Remote Sensing for spatial analysis with the emphasis on open source software available for free as well as free spatial data portals that offer a possibility to get started with the GIS, Remote Sensing, and spatial data analysis. This spatial analysis introductory course will provide you with an understanding of the GIS system and Remote Sensing in a very short time. By the end of the course, you will feel confident and completely understand the GIS and Remote Sensing technology and where get GIS software geodata to make maps.
This course will prepare the students for the basics of using GIS and Remote Sensing with open source and absolutely free software tools. We will go over various industries where GIS and Remote Sensing can be used including agriculture, geology, mining, hydrology, forestry, environmental, and many more! We will talk about the main GIS components and stages of GIS analysis. I will explain your desktop computer requirements needed to start working with GIS. We will talk about different geodata types. Finally, I will also equip you with the knowledge of different geospatial software tools available and GIS data portals where you can download your spatial maps and data for free.
As a BONUS lecture, I provide you a half an hour step-by-step video training on how to quickly create a land cover/ land use map on the cloud with Google Earth Engine using Machine Learning algorithms without any prior knowledge.
In this course, I include downloadable practical materials that will teach you:
- Understand the fundamentals of GIS and Remote Sensing
- Learn a variety of open FREE data sources and GIS % Remote Sensing software for conduction geospatial analysis
- How to install open source GIS software on your computer and correctly configure it
- QGIS software interface including its main components and plug-ins
- Learn how to prepare your first GIS map using open-source tools in QGIS
- Learn how to create a land use/land cover map using Google Earth Engine
Who this course is for:
- Geographers, geologists, crop scientists or every other expert who deals with maps in their field.
I am a passionate data science expert and educator. I do regular teaching and training all over the world. I have many satisfied students! And now I will be glad if I can teach also you these interesting, highly applied, and exciting topics!
For GIS & Remote Sensing students:
Order of how to take my courses:
Option 1: Take all individual courses that contain more details and more labs in the following order:
1. Get started with GIS & Remote Sensing in QGIS #Beginners
2. Remote Sensing in QGIS: Fundamentals of Image Analysis 2020
3. Core GIS: Land Use and Land Cover & Change Detection in QGIS
4. Machine Learning in GIS: Understand the Theory and Practice
5. Machine Learning in GIS: Land Use/Land Cover Image Analysis
6. Machine Learning in ArcGIS: Map Land Use/ Land Cover in GIS
7. Object-based image analysis & classification in QGIS/ArcGIS
8. ArcGIS: Learn Deep Learning in ArcGIS to advance GIS skills
8. Google Earth Engine for Big GeoData Analysis: 3 Courses in 1
10. Google Earth Engine for Machine Learning & Change Detection
11. QGIS & Google Earth Engine for Environmental Applications
12. Advanced Remote Sensing Analysis in QGIS and on cloud
Option 2: Take my combi-courses that contain summarized information from the above courses, though in fewer details (labs, videos):
1. Geospatial Data Analyses & Remote Sensing: 4 Classes in 1
2. Machine Learning in GIS and Remote Sensing: 5 Courses in 1
3. Google Earth Engine for Big GeoData Analysis: 3 Courses in 1
4. Google Earth Engine for Machine Learning & Change Detection
5. Advanced Remote Sensing Analysis in QGIS and on cloud