Basics of Finance and Budgeting
What you'll learn
- Our goal is to provide basic knowledge of finance and budgets to those individuals who don't have any background in finance.
- The objectives are that By the end of the course, you should be able to understand key financial terms and concepts, analyze ket financial statements, prepare and manage budgets, understand purchasing and legal and regulatory aspects.
- The main topics that we are going to cover are: Important financial organizations, Double entry accounting concept, Basic accounting principles, Basics of financial statements analysis, Ratio analysis and their formulas, How to prepare and Manage Budgets, Different type of Forecasting techniques, How to Make Smart Purchasing Decisions, Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Finance
- Some working knowledge of business operations, though not necessary
This training program is designed for people who do not possess any background knowledge of Financials and Budgeting and would like to have a basic understanding of budgets and financial reports so they can hold relevant discussions and render decisions based on financial data.
This course will define key terms like ROI, EBIT, GAAP, etc, it will also provide understanding of financial statements, budgets, forecasting techniques, purchasing decisions, and laws that regulate the handling and dissemination of financial information.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who needs to understand basics of finance and budgeting.
Dr. Jeelani possesses more than 30 years of professional experience in the healthcare, information technology and higher education industry, possessing multiple skills covering many fields including: strategic management, organizational development, marketing, sales, general management, MIS and IT Audit.
He not only led many organizations towards the achievement of revenue and bottom line objectives with strategic focus but also dispensed his knowledge and expertise as an Adjunct Faculty/Lecturer and trainer with number of Universities and Professional Institutes.
Besides having a Ph. D from Sri Lanka, an MBA from International University, Missouri-USA, he has also attended many Seminars, Workshops and Certificate Courses in the field of Marketing, ISO and Quality Management and personal development.
He is also interested in mind sciences and has taken courses on Hypnotherapy, Reiki, Radiesthesia, The Fourth Dimension, Pendulum Diagnosis, Homeopathy and is a graduate of Silva Mind Control.