Basics of Earthquake Engineering, Seismology & Seismic Risks
What you'll learn
- Basics and general concepts of seismology, earthquake engineering and seismic risks
- Earth structure and layers, plate tectonic, continent movements
- Fault types and mechanism
- Seismic waves and seismograph and earthquake record
- Earthquake epicentre and locations
- Earthquake scales
- World seismicity
- Phenomena during and after the earthquake
- Seismograph key parameters
- Gutenberg–Richter law
- Response spectrum
- Seismic Analysis Methods
- Earthquake risk and parameters
- Effect of earthquake on built environment and human
- Effect of earthquake on buildings
- Earthquake mitigation measures
- Structural analysis and physics in a basic level.
This course, includes the basics of earthquake engineering, seismic analysis methods, seismology and seismic risks of built environments.
In this course, you will learn about:
1- Seismology, earth structure, and layers and plate tectonics and continent movements which are the main cause of earthquakes. After that, I will focus on faults and different types of the faults that can cause damage.
2- How scientists record the earthquakes and different seismic waves which are very important for earthquake engineers.
3- How to find the earthquake epicentre and what are the different seismic scales.
4- World's seismicity followed by the phenomena during and after the earthquakes.
5- Seismograph parameters and Gutenberg Richter law.
6- How to calculate earthquake return period
7- Earthquake response spectrum.
8- All the seismic analysis methods of structures such as equivalent static analysis, response spectrum analysis and time history analysis.
9- Seismic risk parameters and how to reduce these risks.
10- The impacts of the built environments and humans and the economic aspect of earthquakes.
11- Different mitigation measures in order to reduce earthquake risk.
By the end of this course, you will get a deep understanding of earthquake engineering, seismic analysis methods, seismology, and seismic risks of built environments.
THIS COURSE IS BENEFICIAL FOR:
· Earthquake engineering students
· Geotechnical engineering students
· Civil engineering students
· Structural engineering students
Who this course is for:
- Civil and geotechnical engineering students
- Structural and earthquake engineering students
- Graduate engineers
- Structural and geotechnical engineers ranging from beginners to intermediate level who would like to refresh their knowledge and get a practical knowledge of seismic loads
Welcome to Structural Engineering Design Centre (SEDC), your number one source for structural engineering practical calculations and learning materials.
SEDC is founded and run by a group of Australian structural engineers, with PhD degree in Structural/Earthquake engineering who are dedicated to providing you with the very best of educational materials and online calculators, with an emphasis on Australian standard and current construction industry applications.
Visit our website for FREE online practical calculators/designers
For FREE educational materials follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube