Basics of Batch Scripting
- Visual Studio Code
This course is designed to give you basic ideas about Batch Scripting.
Batch Scripts are stored in simple text files containing lines with commands that get executed in sequence, one after the other. Scripting is a way by which one can alleviate this necessity by automating these command sequences to make one’s life at the shell more comfortable and more productive. This tutorial discusses the basic functionalities of Batch Script along with relevant examples for easy understanding.
What will you learn?
1. Introduction of batch scripting
2. Batch scripting Prerequisite
3. How to use the Echo command to print output
4. How to use @ Symbol in Scripting
5. How to use Variables in Scripting
6. Write comment section block
7. Create Environment Variables and use them in Scripting
8. How to create string and Concatenate multiple strings
9. How to use Mathematical Expression
10. How to use Input Command in Batch Scripting
11. How to Write Command Arguments
12. How to create Basic Functions
13. Function explanation using GOTO and Exit
14. How to create Function Argument
15. Create Local Scope in Script
16. How to Create IF Statement
17. How to write Else Statement
18. How to Create For loop
19. How to write Error level
20. And finally how to write log files for your Scripts
Who this course is for:
- People who want to learn basics about batch scripting
Motivated Self-Starter with 8+ years of experience working as an Automation lead. I have worked in various domains like Exchange, Lync, Active Directory, O365, Azure, AWS, DevOps. I have Practical knowledge of different scripting languages like PowerShell, Python, YAML, JSON, Batch. My online courses focus on providing Hands-on Experience that makes learning really interesting.
I am an Automation enthusiast for many reasons, and I'd like to share that passion with you too!