Basics of 3D Graphics with Blender 2.7x
- You should have basic computer knowledge. This course assumes you know how to use one.
- You should have Blender installed.
( With the huge update of Blender with the release of 2.8 I have decided to make this course free. Because of this, there will no longer be student support. I hope it will be of some use to you anyway. Not everything is outdated in this course.)
If you don't have dozens of extra hours in your day to learn 3D, this is the course for you. I tell you only what you need to know to get started with 3D. Follow the comprehensive assignments to understand 3D tools, how to manipulate geometry and understand volume. If you don't have loads of hours to spend watching tutorial videos but you still want to become a 3D artists, this is the course for you.
The great thing about learning tools and specific skills is that you can transfer what you've learned to other software packages.
Bonus curriculum includes:
Creating 2D objects
Who this course is for:
- Anyone that is starting out with 3D graphics.
- Anyone that wants a course that is direct and to the point.
- 00:25Blender Introduction
- 00:39Setting User Preferences
- 02:11Getting Used to the Interface
- 00:49Moving in the 3D Viewport
- 02:56Object Manipulation
- 5 questionsBasic Shortcuts Quiz
- 1 questionGrab Rotate & Scale
- 00:57Extra Tips
- 02:15Edit Mode Tools
- 6 questionsEdit Tools Quiz
- 1 questionVertex and Edge Manipulation
- 1 questionFilling Faces
- 1 questionA Treasure Chest
- 1 questionAdding Edge Loops
- 1 questionA Simple House
- 1 questionCreating Wine Glasses
- 00:03Creating a low poly spaceship.
- 03:32Spaceship solution
I worked in Utah's game industry for 5 years before going indie. I decided to go indie and turn to making educational content for people. My college experience wasn't amazing, so I aim to give people the condensed version of the years of research, and trial and error that I went through into a comprehensive lesson.
Working on my 3rd indie game release for mobile.
I also teach college and high school students using the methods in this course.
I collect toys, play music and I'm obsessed with 3D creation/Blender.