Develop and Launch Your First Website in Just One Day!
What you'll learn
- Overview of front-end web technologies including HTML and CSS
- How to use a text editor, FTP client, and Google Chrome web developer tools
- Setting up a local development environment
- Publishing a website with Weebly, Tumblr, and Wordpress.com
- Collecting user data through the Forms tool in Google Drive
- Embedding media content, including images, YouTube videos, and Tweets
- Registering a domain name and deploying to a web server
- Introduction to web frameworks including Bootstrap and JQuery
This one day course will teach you the basics of HTML and CSS so you can build your own website from scratch. It will also cover several popular ways to get a website online including Weebly, Wordpress, and self-hosting. By the end of the course, you will have created your own website.
Awesome Inc U is devoted to teaching coding skills. It’s never too early or too late to learn how to code. You don’t have to be a genius to learn to code, you just need to be determined.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with an interest in learning basic web development
- No previous coding experience expected
Founded in 2009, Awesome Inc exists to create and grow high-tech startups. We do this by hosting community events, leading technology education courses, and offering a shared workspace. Our Awesome Fellowship Program provides mentorship for early-stage startups, while our Awesome Inc U program helps anyone learn to code. Our small but nimble team is made up of engineers, designers, marketers, and experienced entrepreneurs. Collectively, we hold masters degrees in economics, business, psychology, and public administration, and have started more than half a dozen companies.