BASIC TO ADVANCED: Scrummaging Techniques
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 19 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn the basic scrummaging techniques
- Learn some more advanced techniques used by professional players
- Understand the body shapes you should be looking for
- Learn which techniques will give you the best "bang for your buck"
- Learn the techniques used during each phase of the scrum
- Understand the common and most recent trends in professional rugby union
- There are no pre-course requirement, however a general knowledge of rugby union would be beneficial.
BASIC TO ADVANCED | SCRUM TECHNIQUES - Welcome to this Udemy course, created to complement my other coaching course, COACHING THE SCRUM IN RUGBY UNION: THE WHAT, WHEN & HOW. After many questions and quality feedback, this course was designed to provide the technical detail coaches should be looking for throughout the rugby union scrum. Use these techniques as a guide to create your own scrum style and give your players increased levels of detail and technical feedback.
Join a host of students from the COACHING THE SCRUM IN RUGBY UNION course who have already used the strategies to influence their coaching philosophy.
Take a look at the some of the 5★ feedback from coaches on my other courses!
Steven Neville is the instructor. He is a professional scrum coach applying his trade in the English Championship.
The Full Course
The course is separated into four main sections or modules. THE CROUCH, THE BIND, THE HIT & THE PUSH. Each module breaks down the relevant techniques associated with each phase of the scrum. All lectures give clear audio and visual examples, including annotated freeze frames, videos from professional scrum training and professional competition. The course also gives examples of the type of exercises that could be used to best coach the relevant techniques.
Some of the sections within the course include:
1. Setup & Crouch
2. Loosehead & Tighthead Binding
3. Hit & Chase
4. Extending & Calling
5. Hooker Strike & Channel
All of the techniques described are applicable for coaches of all levels. The techniques covered include the very basics of scrum training relevant not only to beginners but those playing at a higher level.
If you have any questions or want to ask about any of the content presented on the courses, please send me a message at any time.
Don't forget to also follow my Twitter and connect on Linkedin for further content & information.
- The course would benefit coaches of any level, including community, age-grade, academy and semi-professional coaches.