Basic Neuroscience of Major Depression
What you'll learn
- understand the BASIC brain science of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) and recovery
- causes of MDD and their genetic implications
- understand key neurotransmitters implicated in MDD and how to optimised them
- learn about the regions of the brain involved in major depression and their symptoms
- learn about the links between depression, stress and other anxiety-related disorders such as OCD, and PTSD
- Everyone interested in the subject is welcome.
Suitable for individuals with major depressive disorder(MDD) wanting to understand their brain and symptoms better, student counsellors & experienced practitioners who intend to use basic neuroscience of MDD to complement their existing modalities and knowledge-base to help individuals with depression, this course focuses on understanding basic neuroscience of major depression; the regions of the brain affected and why those brain regions generate the debilitating depressive symptoms that they generate. This course also offers tips to optimise those brain regions towards recovery. You will also get your depression-related questions answered.
What Attendees Are Saying:
Thank you so much for the webinar. It was so helpful and informative and made so much sense. My children and I are domestic abuse survivors. My oldest son and I were diagnosed with Complex PTSD about 3 years ago. We are well on the road to recovery now but it was fascinating to hear much of our experiences psychologically explained. I trained as a therapeutic artist working with traumatised people and am constantly working to increase my knowledge and experience. So thank you. Janet M.
Wale showed a great deal of knowledge and understanding. If this and other courses remain with an online choice, for those of us who are disabled and unable to travel to these, I would recommend them. Diane Y., Counsellor and Hypnotherapist
Considering the current pandemic, the course was delivered in a manner that allowed for interaction with other attendees, this was unexpected, very useful and very well carried out. Kayleigh P. Massage Therapist (
I think that a very complex subject has been made simple to understand and digest. Well done! Amanda E., Counsellor
Definitely worth 90 minutes of my day! Will look into other relevant courses, eg polyvagal theory, PTSD… Great to have presentation in advance (some courses only give them out after the course) as it was then easier to follow the slides and make better notes. Deb M., Clinical Hypotherapist & Psychotherapist
Wale was very thorough and his passion comes through. The content and handouts were clear and informative. Lorna F., Prison Counsellor
Wale delivers the information in a friendly and accessible way - Thank you. The notes and worksheets include references to enable further reading on the subjects which I find essential. Vikki M.
Thank you for such an interesting and down to earth presentation of what is a complicated subject. Wale’s unique approach cements it altogether. Jeanette A.
Who this course is for:
- Suitable for individuals with major depressive disorder(MDD) wanting to understand their brain and symptoms better, student counsellors & experienced practitioners who intend to use basic neuroscience of MDD to complement their existing modalities and knowledge-base to help individuals with depression, this course focuses on understanding basic neuroscience of major depression; the regions of the brain affected and why those brain regions generate the debilitating depressive symptoms that they generate. This course also offers tips to optimise those brain regions towards recovery.
Wale Oladipo is the lead trainer, psychotherapist and director of MindBody Breakthrough Ltd, a mental health organisation that specialises in public mental health and professional development. Specialising in anxiety-related disorders, Wale has a proven track record in delivering cutting edge recovery models and solutions that are effective and easy to apply.
Wale has trained and worked with educational institutions, local councils, NGOs and training providers. His recovery models such as the FEAR model, STRESS model and WORRY model are now being used in more than thirty different countries around the world by professionals, organisations and sufferers.
Wale is the author and creator of various well-being and success materials, courses and online recovery programmes which include: Overcoming Chronic Stress and Stress-Induced Pains MindBody Breakthrough Programme; Overcoming Intrusive Thoughts and the Inner Critical Voice Online Recovery Programme; Overcoming GAD and Panic Disorder Online Course; The Millionaire Within; Four Master Keys for Happiness and Success for TEENS; The Worry Instinct; Healing Trauma; Healing Complex PTSD.
Wale is a psychology writer and professional member of the National Counselling Society and The European Mentoring and Coaching Council.