Basic Neuroscience Of Complex PTSD and Recovery
What you'll learn
- understand the BASIC brain science of complex PTSD and recovery
- the biochemistry of c-PTSD and recovery
- the regions of the brain involved in c-PTSD and its symptoms
- the links between c-PTSD and anxiety-related disorders such as OCD, and social anxiety
- understand the links between c-PTSD, stress and inflammation-based conditions such as fibromyalgia,lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
- Everyone interested in the subject is welcome.
Suitable for c-PTSD survivors wanting to understand their brain and symptoms better, student counsellors & experienced practitioners who intend to use basic neuroscience of complex trauma to compliment their existing modalities and knowledge-base, this course focuses on understanding basic neuroscience of complex trauma; the regions of the brain affected and why those brain regions generate the debilitating symptoms of PTSD that they generate. This course also offers tips to optimise those brain regions towards recovery, as well as answers your trauma-related questions.
"Another fantastic course. Your presentation is so detailed, informative, and patient. I value the amount of energy you give, and the resources that you offer are so appreciated." Elizabeth F. Sufferer
Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed todays webinar on the ‘Basic Neuroscience of Complex PTSD and Recovery' - fascinating, well delivered (at a good pace and in a way that flowed nicely from one area to the next. It was a great opportunity to underpin/consolidate my current knowledge in cPTSD and a platform to become aware of areas for development/further exploration - impressive in such a short period of time. I will definitely be looking at other courses on the MindBody Breakthrough site. Michelle R., Counsellor
Excellent CPD. Informative, well presented and has left me with knowledge I can use when working with clients. Sam B., Counsellor
Nice pace and understandable. The training has made me think about children in particular and the diagnosis they receive. It is going to get me to look much deeper into what is going on the family home and past. Kelly C. Trainee Counsellor
Lots of information packed into a short course. I will be purchasing more online courses because of today’s taster session. Thank you. Samantha D. Force Counsellor and Psychological Services Manager (
Very helpful, very interesting. I like the way things were explained, and the pace of the course worked well. Thank you for answering all my questions! Heather R., Child Therapist for NHS CAMHS
Excellent, very knowledgeable facilitator, liked how relaxed the session was too. Pamela M., CBT and Play Therapist (
Thank you so much for the excellent session. It was my second session ran by yourselves and I will be sure to keep signing up for more. Georgia C.B.
It was inspiring and illuminating! Georgia C.
Who this course is for:
- Suitable for c-PTSD survivors wanting to understand their brain and symptoms better, student counsellors & experienced practitioners who intend to use basic neuroscience of complex trauma to compliment their existing modalities and knowledge-base, this course focuses on understanding basic neuroscience of complex trauma; the regions of the brain affected and why those brain regions generate the debilitating symptoms of PTSD that they generate. This course also offers tips to optimise those brain regions towards recovery, as well as answers your trauma-related questions.
Wale Oladipo is the lead trainer, psychotherapist and director of MindBody Breakthrough Ltd, a mental health organisation that specialises in public mental health and professional development. Specialising in anxiety-related disorders, Wale has a proven track record in delivering cutting edge recovery models and solutions that are effective and easy to apply.
Wale has trained and worked with educational institutions, local councils, NGOs and training providers. His recovery models such as the FEAR model, STRESS model and WORRY model are now being used in more than thirty different countries around the world by professionals, organisations and sufferers.
Wale is the author and creator of various well-being and success materials, courses and online recovery programmes which include: Overcoming Chronic Stress and Stress-Induced Pains MindBody Breakthrough Programme; Overcoming Intrusive Thoughts and the Inner Critical Voice Online Recovery Programme; Overcoming GAD and Panic Disorder Online Course; The Millionaire Within; Four Master Keys for Happiness and Success for TEENS; The Worry Instinct; Healing Trauma; Healing Complex PTSD.
Wale is a psychology writer and professional member of the National Counselling Society and The European Mentoring and Coaching Council.