Basic Grant Proposal Writing for Nonprofits
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 15 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Building your case for fundraising
- Types of foundations and other funders
- Types of proposals and submissions
- Key elements of successful proposals
- What funders are looking for in a proposal
- Understanding outcomes versus outputs
- Story telling for grant seekers
- How grants fit into your fund development plan
- No prerequisites, but note: This course is geared toward grant writing for 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organizations in the U.S.
An in-depth look at it takes to craft winning grant proposals for nonprofit programs. The course covers building your fundraising case, to learning about different types of foundations and other funding sources, to the seven essential elements of a fundable proposal. We'll take a close look at crafting strong outcomes statements, the use of storytelling to make an impact, and what funders are looking for.
This online course is adapted from the instructors' fifteen years of experience teaching grant proposal writing in a classroom setting to over 1,000 nonprofit professionals.
- Those new to the nonprofit sector
- Those new to fundraising
This introductory lecture includes the background of the instructor, information on the format of the class, and the goals for those who complete the course.
This introductory lecture gives the students background on how grants fit into their fund development plan, other sources of nonprofit income, the types of foundations, and why a diversified funding stream is important.