Basic Fashion Illustration
What you'll learn
- Over 15 lectures and almost 3 hours of content!
- This course will cover the basic of fashion illustration for a beginner to an intermediate.
- You will be equipped with the knowledge and techniques of how to draw the body elements and different fashion poses.
- Understand the proportions and difference between female, male and children figures.
- Know how to draw garments on the posing figures.
- Download the useful materials.
- Get feedback on your sketches!
- This course assumes no prior knowledge or special skill set. Anybody with an interest in the fashion drawing is welcome.
This course will teach you how to draw the fashion figures starting from the basic understanding of the 9-head proportion, body elements from head to toe, movement and posture to fashion poses with garments. It is a summary of a 4-month course in a regular fashion school that will shorten your learning process and save your time and money.
You will understand how to draw both female and male fashion figures that have different proportions and shapes, in different angles such as front, side, back and three-quarter views, along with how to draw body rotation and posture with different weight distribution. Besides that, you will understand how to draw garments for both female and male figures and how to draw drapes and folds on the garments for different body postures and rotation.
The concepts and techniques are the knowledge that I’ve learned from several courses and teachers combined with my own personal techniques to deliver you a simple and easy way to develop skills in the fashion illustration. It is much less complicated than any other techniques that you have seen before. In addition, you can submit your drawings to get feedback from me at the end of the course so that you will know where to improve.
This course is a good starting point for you to pursue your dream in fashion design and can also lay a foundation in human figure drawing in case you would like to understand about the anatomy of human figure, which is useful for animation.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who is interested in fashion illustration.
- This course will benefit those who are planning to attend a fashion school and need some preparation.
- Advanced learners are also welcome.
My name is Wanwisa. I live in Bangkok, Thailand. I love drawing and I used to attend some short courses and a fashion school to learn more about what I love - arts, design & fashion. Having been drawing since a young age and continuing as an enthusiast, I like to inspire and share my knowledge and skills that I have developed with people. I believe that learning should be simple and not time consuming.
My first motivation in creating the online course was to record my skills and knowledge while I am still capable or good at it. Knowledge is a precious and special asset. The more you use, the more it increases. On the other hand, if you don’t use it, you will eventually lose it. It is nice to keep it online and be able to share with people around the world.
Knowledge together with technology is very powerful. It is a pleasure to have you join in my courses.