Basic Facial Course
What you'll learn
- The ability to perform a basic facial.
- Explain the benefits of a facial to your clients
- Choose the best product to treat the clients skin type and condition
- Be able to perform a facial massage
- This course is designed for those interested in learning basic facial treatment techniques.
- You will need a PC, tablet or smart phone to access this course
- You will need a printer to printout the worksheet
- A pen/pencil and paper to take notes
- A professional beauty license, either a cosmetology or esthetician as this class is designed for the beauty professional.
- A treatment room with facial products
- A model to practice you basic facial techniques on.
This course is for the new or existing beauty professional who would like a refresher on the basic facial.
We will review the steps to a basic facial, discuss the benefits of each step and the different products used in this service. We will discuss:
- The importance of performing a skin analysis.
- The 3 different types of cleansers and which skin type they should be used for.
- The different exfoliation methods and there benefits.
- The benefits of facial massage and the 5 different massage strokes.
- The 3 different toners and their benefits
- The importance of moisturizing as well as sun protection.
This course is enriched with short video lectures and tutorials so that you can learn at your own pace. There are also pop quizzes to test your understanding and a basic facial workbook that has learning activities to help you.
After taking this course you will gain the confidence to perform a basic facial service with confidence!
Who this course is for:
- Estheticians, facial specialists, cosmetologists, and retailers.
Founded in 2008, Monique Cosmetique provides Beauty, Skin and Body Therapy Education, We are Florida State Certified and can apply CEU credits for licensed Facial Specialists, Makeup Artists and Body Therapists who are seeking continuing education.
Courses are taught by Tasha Monique: Tasha is a dual licensed Esthetician and Massage Therapist with over 10 years experience, receiving her Degree in Natural Health and graduating top of her class. Tasha is the Educator and Founder of Monique Cosmetique, LLC and has written various skin care courses as an approved CEU provider for the Florida Board of Cosmetology. She has been a Skin Care Instructor for more since 2006. With a love for teaching and a passion for skin care and body work, Tasha is committed to delivering quality continued education to compliment the substantial growth of the skin care and wellness industry.