Basic English Tenses. A Practical Grammar Course
What you'll learn
- How to create the positive, negative, and question forms of the basic English tenses
- What meaning each verb tense expresses
- How the tenses compare and how to know which one to use
- How to create complete sentences using the basic English tenses
- This is a course for learners of English as a second or foreign language
- Students are familiar with Present Simple, Present Continuous, and Past Simple tenses, but don't have much practice
Who is this course for?
The course is for students of English as a second or foreign language who are at the elementary, pre-intermediate or intermediate level, teenagers and adults. Your are familiar with the basic tenses but are not sure how to use them well. The lessons can also help anybody who is struggling to understand the English tenses.
What does the course teach?
The lessons cover the basic English tenses. Here is the course content:
Lesson 1. Verbs and Tenses
Lesson 2. Present Simple
Lesson 3. Present Continuous
Lesson 4. Present Simple vs. Present Continuous
Lesson 5. Past Simple
Lesson 6. Present Perfect
Lesson 7. Present Perfect vs. Past Simple
Lesson 8. My Life So Far
Lesson 9. Future Forms
Lesson 10. Review and Practice
Lesson 11. Additional Materials
How long is the course?
The recording for each lesson is between 6 and 12 minutes long. Only Lesson 9 is 15 minutes long. The practice activities take as much time as the students need: They pause the recording and work on the exercise until they are ready to check the answer key. One lesson might last 20-30 minutes or longer if the student wants to look up words, study the examples, and spend more time on the exercises.
What is the content of the course?
This is a practical course on the basic English tenses with 10 lessons and 40 printable exercises. Each lesson contains the following:
An instruction video
Simple and clear explanations
Lots of examples
Answer key with explanations
Who this course is for:
- Language learners at the elementary, pre-intermediate, and intermediate levels of language proficiency
- Young adults and adults who are learning English as a second or foreign language
- Students who are struggling to understand the English tense system
I have been an English language instructor for over 20 years. I specialize in grammar instruction, and I have vast experience teaching reading, writing, and speaking skills. I work with students from Beginner to Advanced levels who are learning English as a second or foreign language. I have also taught many courses on how to prepare for college entrance tests in English (e.g., TOEFL and SAT) with an excellent success rate of over 90%.
My students are young adults who want to learn English well and professional adults who are learning English in order to improve their career options.
English changed my life. I teach in order to pass on what I have learned, so English can change my students' lives in amazing ways, too.