Basic Echocardiography for Beginners
- Nothing at all. This is a course for the absolute beginner.
This is a course for the absolute beginner who wants to learn what the basic echocardiography views are, how to get them, and which structures can be seen in each view. This is for young cardiolgists or sonographers who are starting out, or for established anaesthesiologists, intensivists or ER physicians who want to learn a life-saving new skill. It's not for established echocardiographers.
Who this course is for:
- Students, doctors or sonographers who are starting out in echocardiography and want to learn the basic views.
- 01:16Probe movements
- 03:24Left parasternal long-axis view
- 03:03Left parasternal short-axis view
- 01:31Apical four-chamber view
- 00:48Apical five-chamber view
- 00:48Apical two-chamber view
- 01:44Apical three-chamber view
- 02:28Subcostal view
- 02:20Suprasternal view
- 02:44Bonus lecture: what to do next
I'm a 31 year-old Egyptian cardiologist with over 7 years of experience. I'm also a computer programmer; web developer; and 2D/3D graphic designer, and I'm always striving to bring my two worlds together. I got the idea for VirtualEcho back when I was a resident cardiologist, struggling with echocardiography like everybody else, and decided I could do something to help make it easier for people to learn.