Basic Canine Acupressure for Dog Owners
What you'll learn
- Basic acupressure and massage techniques to ease your dog's pain, stress and common ailments.
- 18 Acupressure points for neck. shoulder, knee and back pain, arthritis and hip dysplasia,
- Acupressure points for incontinence, kidney & bladder problems
- Acupressure points to boost the immune system
- Acupressure points for elderly dogs with dementia
- Basic Traditional Chinese Medicine theories about Qi and Meridians
- 12 Meridians & 2 Extra-Ordinary Meridians: Pathways & Functions
- Basic Acupressure theory used for humans and animals
- Basic canine anatomy
- Easy technique to find acupressure points on the human body & a dog's body
- These acupressure techniques may also be used on cats, horses and humans! The point locations are the same.
- Basic massage and acupressure techniques for dogs
- How to apply Chinese herbal liniments topically to relieve pain
- Calming solutions for dogs with stress and anxiety
- PLEASE NOTE! This is NOT a professional certification class!
- Must love dogs!
Basic Canine Acupressure for Dog Owners: Taught by veterinary acupuncturist, herbalist & author Jeanie Mossa MS LAc owner of Four Paws Acupuncture in Salem MA.
An introductory online course on how to ease your dog’s pain, stress and common ailments with acupressure. This class is for dog owners and those who work with dogs who want to learn acupressure techniques and theories. (These techniques may be used for humans, cats & horses as well. The point locations are the same!)
Please note this is not a certification class for professionals. This is a basic class!
You will learn:
Basic acupressure techniques used to relieve pain, stress and common canine ailments.
18 acupressure points used for dogs with neck, shoulder, elbow, knee, hip and back pain and ailments.
Acupressure points for dogs with dementia, incontinence, bladder & kidney ailments & allergies
Easy instructions on how to find the acupressure points on a human body and on your dog's.
How to apply Chinese liniments topically for pain.
Calming tips for dogs with stress and anxiety
Traditional Chinese Medicine theory about Qi and the Meridians
12 Meridians and 2 Extra-Ordinary Meridians - their pathways on the body & their functions
Basic acupressure theory used for humans and animals
Basic canine anatomy
Special section detailed information on 14 Meridians, functions, pathways and number of acu-points.
Bonus Section: Acupressure and Cats
Extra Class: Animal Chakras
Extra Class: Treating K9 Cancer with Alternative Medicine
Each section will have graphics, charts and videos on how to locate acupressure points and various massage techniques to use.
Includes PDFs with canine acupressure chart and resources
Who this course is for:
- Dog owners, Dog lovers, Dog walkers, Vet Techs, Reiki Practitioners, Massage Therapists, Those who work with dogs
- Veterinarians, Veterinary technicians, Pet Store Employees, Zoo keepers, Animal lovers, who want to learn more about veterinary acupressure.
- Massage therapist, Reiki practitioners, Acupuncturists, Sound healers who use Tuning Forks
- Dog owners who want to help ease their dog's pain and stress.
Jeanie Mossa MS. LAc, is the founder of Four Paws Acupuncture, a veterinary Traditional Chinese Medicine practice north of Boston. She is an acupuncturist, herbalist and author with over 25 years of experience treating animals and humans with holistic medicine. She is co-author of: BARKOPAEDIA: The Canine Book of Knowledge and The Misery Journal: Finding Patterns in Your Aches & Pains.
She holds a masters degree (MS) in Traditional Oriental Medicine from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine and has completed the Animal Acupuncture certification program at New England School of Acupuncture. She is a former faculty member of the Canadian College of Oriental Medicine (Toronto, Canada). Jeanie is a certified Reiki practitioner as well as a Fairyologist!
She has written and illustrated six books and created several online classes. In her spare time, Jeanie is also an artist and owner of Practical Magic Salem featuring one of a kind jewelry, mixed media and art dolls.
Jeanie lives in Salem MA with her husband and their menagerie of magical creatures.
Books by Jeanie Mossa
Barkopaedia: The Canine Book of Knowledge by Jeanie Mossa with Norman Kraft Available on Amazon
The Misery Journal: Finding Patterns in Your Aches & Pains: by Jeanie Mossa with Norman Kraft Available on Amazon
The Screaming Uterus - An Alternative Approach to Healing Your Uterus available on Kindle
Dr. Calamari's Guide to the Herbs, Minerals and Bugs of China (Out of print)
Whispers of the O'Fae Art & Affirmations for the Wounded Inner Child Available on Amazon
The Woof & Warp of Canine Pain: by Jeanie Mossa, with Norman Kraft, Available on Amazon