Basic Bulgarian Language
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 31 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- read Bulgarian alphabet
- have basic conversations in Bulgarian
- understand the fundamental grammar rules
- communicate using 500+ Bulgarian words and expressions
- this course is designed for complete beginners, so no prior knowledge is required
- a Bulgarian dictionary could be useful
Bulgarian language is considered a fairly difficult language to learn, mainly due to its complex grammar and typical Slavic pronunciation. As with anything unfamiliar, it looks hard at first, until you understand the logic behind the language and learn the first 100 words.
Start speaking Bulgarian by learning the most fundamental grammar rules and using the most essential words and expressions
- Detailed review of nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, and pronouns
- 500+ words and expressions that you can use in everyday conversations
- Variety of examples illustrating grammar principles in order to make them easier to grasp
- Additional exercises for all topics with answers included
This is a native Bulgarian's guide to language specifics and a concise review of everything you need to know at the beginning of your Bulgarian language journey
Bulgarian is a Slavic language and is very different from English, or from any non-Slavic language. It is spoken mainly in Bulgaria, and also in neighboring Greece, Turkey, Serbia and Romania.
Learning Bulgarian provides an insight into a vast culture inherent to the Balkans region. This course is designed to provide the most essential knowledge needed for a great start.
Contents and Overview
This course contains more than 40 lectures distributed over 2.5 hours. It provides all fundamental grammar principles without dragging on about unnecessarily heavy concepts.
The focus of this course is putting into practice all new information in order to facilitate the learning process. The exercises included in the supplementary materials are an integral part of the course and should be completed after each lecture for a thorough learning experience.
We will start with some basics, such as alphabet, pronunciation and distinguishing language features. Then, we will review all essential parts of the speech so that you know how to use them properly and how to form a sentence in Bulgarian.
You will also learn how to express more complex ideas using modal verbs and phase verbs. Finally, there is an entire vocabulary section which would be useful for your stay in Bulgaria.
After completing this course, you will be able to have basic conversations and use the most common words and phrases in Bulgarian spoken today.
- complete beginners in Bulgarian language
- people who are passionate about learning a new language
- people who are interested in Bulgarian language and culture
- expats living in Bulgaria
- people planning a trip to Bulgaria
- the course is NOT suitable for people who have difficulty learning a language online