Basic Budgeting Strategies with Google Sheets
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 6 articles
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Students will be able to identify and create a money calendar to be integrated in their monthly budget.
- Students will be able to build a realistic budget in 30 minutes or less using Google Sheets.
- Students will be able to analyze their spending habits and adjust their monthly budget accordingly.
- Be able to list your current expenses and example purchases you make in a week.
- Basic understanding of Google Sheets such as completing tabs and creating new tabs.
Do you want a new budget system that actually works? Something that’s not complicated but is still effective? I had the same problem and tried all the apps, spreadsheet templates and even budget binders from mom bloggers on Pinterest. It was either too restrictive, lacking direction or was simply too complicated.
So what finally worked for me? Google Sheets.
In this course, you will learn how to use my Google Sheets template for creating a monthly budget. I created this template over a year ago and still use it for myself. I’ve taken my background in personal organization, non-profit financial management, and accounting knowledge to create something straightforward and effective.
The key to REAL budgeting is organizing your thoughts, setting goals, and monitoring your activity. In this course, you’ll learn how to do all of that for the ultimate personal financial management experience.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
Set financial goals
Identify your wants and needs in your spending
Learn how to navigate my budget template
Create your monthly budget in 30 minutes or less
Analyze your daily spending to adjust to your financial goals
Not only will this course focus on developing your financial goals, but taking an in-depth look into the template and customizing it for your own personal finances. You’ll have a clear understanding of what you do with your money to reach your goals.
This course contains:
Short and straightforward instructional videos
Hands-on activities from the start
Downloadable content with lifelong access
Instructor support in customizing your budget from the template
Bonus money management resources at the end of the course
Join this course if you love the flexibility of Google Drive and want a new and effective budget system!
- Entry level employees working in a corporate environment.
- Someone who finds themselves overspending or barely has money to last a full pay period.
- Beginner budgeters who still find themselves missing bill due dates.
- Someone looking to organize their money before setting huge savings goals.
Google Sheets is one of the easiest platforms to manage your personal finances. This course will help you strategize the perfect monthly budget for YOU!
The first step in overcoming financial craziness is by organizing your money goals. This lecture walks you through discovering your financial goals.
Needs and wants are basically comprised of your regular fixed and variable expenses. This section dives into determining those in your finances. This section will help you better understand your current financial situation and prep you for budget categories.
You have to be transparent with yourself when it comes to reviewing your current spending. What's important and what's expendable?
Prioritizing your spending sets the foundation for smart budget planning. Having a go to system for this will help you budget faster and more efficiently each month.
The budget template is the best part of the course! Download the Google Sheet and navigate this effective budgeting system. This section explains the budgeting workbook tabs and how to use them.