CLO Basic Apparel Training: Course 3/5-GARMENT MODIFICATION
What you'll learn
- The core concepts and tools for editing patterns in the 2D workspace.
- How to use all the pattern drafting tools.
- How to clone, trace and superimpose pattern pieces.
- How to create and alter a pattern in the 3D workspace
- This course builds upon the Core Concepts in CLO.
- CLO Basic Apparel Training Course 1 should be completed prior to this course.
- This course is offered to anyone wanting to learn CLO and requires focus and commitment from the learner.
- Please make sure your hardware matches the CLO basic technical requirements for attending this course. There is a link to hardware specs in the Introduction Resources section
The CLO Basic Apparel Design Training is made up of a series of courses that will build upon each other. By the end of this course, you be familiar with a myriad of pattern drafting and editing tools in CLO. These techniques and skills will allow you to modify your existing garment to enhance the designs and create new iterations to expand your library.
In part one, you will become familiar with the CLO pattern drafting and pattern editing tools. These tools will allow you to create your own pattern pieces and also how to edit them so as to edit garments to improve their fit and style.
In part two you will learn how to multiple ways to create pattern pieces in the 2D window with precision.
In the third part, you will learn how to work in the 3D window with amazing pen tools to easily create and edit garments so as to visualize your ideas quickly.
All the tools and techniques you will learn can be applied to any CLO project whether for men, women, or children as well as other categories such as accessories and interior design.
As you progress through the video lessons, you will be given quizzes to test the retention of the knowledge. Be sure to take notes as you go. Let’s get started!
Who this course is for:
- This was developed by CLO 3D Virtual Fashion and is taught by a CLO 3D Designer.
- This course builds upon the Materials Course.
- It is important to know that there will be quizzes throughout to ensure the retention of the material.
- When you pass each course, you will be presented with only a Udemy Certificate of Completion. However, this does not qualify as a level of certification guaranteeing future job placements or career advancements.
CHANGING THE WORLD WITH VIRTUAL GARMENTS
Create and alter true-to-life 3D garments so you can perfect your ideas before they go into production.
CREATE REAL GARMENTS IN REAL-TIME
Accurately visualize the fabric, fit, and silhouette of your designs as fast as you can imagine them.
SIMPLE, YET INTUITIVE
CLO gives you a familiar, easy-to-use interface that enables you to visualize your designs in a way that is quick and hassle-free.
EFFICIENT FROM END-TO-END
Significantly shorten your time-to-market with virtual sampling and remote collaboration.
Designing with virtual garments reduces sample production, shipment and material waste.
CLO DESIGNER SUPPORT
Ask course related questions on our official Discord channel and receive answers directly from our 3D Designers - Invitation in Course Resources