CLO Basic Apparel Training: Course 4/5-CONSTRUCTION/DETAILS
What you'll learn
- How to use various effects such as Strengthen and Select Mesh to help with the creation of garments
- How to add various notions such as buckles, elastic, piping and binding to enhance garment design.
- How to add buttons and zippers as closures on garments
- How to use dynamic techniques such as pleating and quilting to take your garments to the next level.
- This course builds upon the Core, Materials and Garment Modification Course.
- Understanding the previous courses will help with familiarity within the toolbars and Property Editor
- It is helpful to have experience designing with software on the computer, but it is not a requirement. The knowledge will help speed up your progress.
- Please make sure your hardware matches the CLO basic technical requirements for attending this course. There is a link to hardware specs in the Introduction Resources section
The CLO Basic Apparel Design Training is made up of a series of courses that will build upon each other. By the end of this course, you will be able to interact with your garment to enhance the styling of each garment as well as create a look with multiple garments. You will also learn how to apply closures and notions as well as how to add pleats and quilting effects. The upcoming course will cover Presentations.
Full understanding of previous courses is paramount to succeeding with this course and will ensure a straight patch towards mastering CLO. This course will build upon the previously learned techniques and allow you to improve your garment styling.
In Section 2, you will learn about Select Mesh and Pins, which will help you when you need to make small adjustments to your garment.
In Section 3 you will learn many tools to show you how to use things like elastic, zippers, piping, and binding as well as 2 methods to create quilting.
In Section 4, you will learn how to use Layering and Set Sublayer to keep your garments and pattern pieces correctly arranged in the 3D window.
As you progress through the video lessons, you will be given quizzes to test the retention of the knowledge. Be sure to take notes as you go. Let’s get started!
Who this course is for:
- This course will help you understand all the details that can be added to a constructed garment.
- This was developed by CLO 3D Virtual Fashion and is taught by a CLO 3D Designer.
- It is important to know that there will be quizzes and a final project that will task you with adding various materials to garments.
- Once you pass the Basic Apparel Training, you will be presented with only a Udemy Certificate of Completion. However, this does not qualify as a level of certification guaranteeing future job placements or career advancements.
CHANGING THE WORLD WITH VIRTUAL GARMENTS
Create and alter true-to-life 3D garments so you can perfect your ideas before they go into production.
CREATE REAL GARMENTS IN REAL-TIME
Accurately visualize the fabric, fit, and silhouette of your designs as fast as you can imagine them.
SIMPLE, YET INTUITIVE
CLO gives you a familiar, easy-to-use interface that enables you to visualize your designs in a way that is quick and hassle-free.
EFFICIENT FROM END-TO-END
Significantly shorten your time-to-market with virtual sampling and remote collaboration.
Designing with virtual garments reduces sample production, shipment and material waste.
CLO DESIGNER SUPPORT
Ask course related questions on our official Discord channel and receive answers directly from our 3D Designers - Invitation in Course Resources