Bash Shell Scripting Tutorial for Beginners
What you'll learn
- By the end of it you will be familiar with most of the common tasks we normally do on Bash scripting
- You will be comfortable, efficient, and effective at the shell scripting
- Automate the frequently performed tasks.
- Some knowledge of the terminal commands would be helpful, but not required.
- Linux machine / Linux virtual machine.
Linux has a variety of different shells Like Bourne shell (sh), C shell (csh), Korn shell (ksh), TC shell (tcsh), Bourne Again shell (bash). Certainly the most popular shell is “bash”. Bash is an sh-compatible shell that incorporates useful features from the Korn shell (ksh) and C shell (csh). bash is not only an excellent command line shell, but a scripting language in itself. Shell scripting allows us to use the shell's abilities and to automate a lot of tasks that would otherwise require a lot of commands.
Bash scripting will help you automate routine tasks and save valuable time, whether you're a sys admin, Linux user or software developer. Shell script is much quicker than programming in any other languages.
The goal of this course is to provide you with a working knowledge of Bash scripting. We'll start with the basics, starting from creating our first Bash script and running it. Next you will learn about the bash environment, local variables, conditional statements, functions, loops, case statements, string operations, and coprocesses.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for beginners, especially users who have never written bash script before
- People thinking about a career as a Linux system administrator or engineer, but need the basics first.
Yogesh Patel is Software Developer and Programming Enthusiast with much experience from different projects and many different programming languages. He earned Master's Degree from Germany. Teaching has been his passion since a long time. His aim to teach technology the way it is used in industry and professional world .
Software training is becoming so costly these days, that poor people are finding it very difficult to attend courses and find jobs. His aim behind creating these tutorials is to help those in need. If you find this useful, please share with your friends on Facebook twitter and Google plus. Let's make these videos help as many students as possible.