Linux Command line Basics
- Basic knowledge of computer operations
This is a beginner's guide to Bash Shell Commands. The course can also serve as a refresher for intermediate/Advance level as well. The concepts are explained in depth with example.
I have ensured to provide a fundamental platform to the students so that they have basic working knowledge of Linux commands which can be honed for furthering once career in the field of Bash and Automation. I tried to quote multiple ways things can be handled so that students can learn and recognize most of the code written by other developers and also pick some of these methods as their best practice.
Through the medium of this course I would like to guide students on the following topics:-
A) Directory structure in Linux
B) Different linux command line
C) Date and calendar
D) Changing the ownership and mode of a file using chmod and chown
E) Process status using top and ps
F) Pipes and redirection
G) File Handling and user input processing
H) Different types of conditional and loop statement in Shell script.
- Students willing to get familiarized with Linux, or windows sysadmin migrating to Linux/Unix
- Directory structure07:19
- iterm2, Mac terminal, uname, hostname, fdisk, diskutil16:09
- Linux Commands Part 118:43
- Directory and file handling commands and removal13:36
- Some more Basic linux commands like cp, mv, inode etc11:57
- Date and calendar14:16
- Vi editor Part 117:16
- Vi editor Part 207:30
- Change permission Part112:02
- Change Permission Part208:19
- Process Status06:55
- Pipes and redirection Part 113:46
- Pipes and redirection Part 211:49
- Wild Card09:52
- Find Command08:04
- Find Part 210:59
- User Input processing04:59
- Case Statement04:22
- File Handling12:52
- Exit Status of Shell10:12
- Loop Part 108:27
- Loop Part 208:50
- Loop Part 304:20
- If Conditions11:10
- File and String Handling conditions18:14
- Ubuntu Installation In virtual Machine15:31
- dd and od command and how to copy file using dd11:56
- df, du, lsof, netstat19:42
- dmidecode, lscpu, lspci, SMBIOS, DMI07:02
- Partition, formatting and mounting a partition.09:16
- nmap for network and port scanning08:16
- Shell and env variables13:42
- ssh, scp and sshpass09:40
- tcpdump and pcap06:23
Over 15 years of total experience in software development, focusing on C/C++/Linux/Symbian C++, different flavors of UNIX (SCO, HP-UX, SunOS, AIX and RedHat Linux). Knowledge of LINUX Internals/ System programming/Inter Process Communication and Shell Scripting.
Worked on Symbian OS features like TLS/descriptors/ threads/ semaphore/IPC/ Active Objects/ Dynamics Arrays/Cleanup Stack/Client –server/Binary Compatibility.
Experience in all stages of development of large project using C/C++/ Clearcase/Subversion/GIT on Linux and LynxOS platform.
Worked on Linux Device driver and System programming.
Worked on HP bootloader, Board Support Package and grub.
Knowledge of Virtual File system, ext3, I/O Scheduler.
Good knowledge of Socket, TCP/IP and routing protocol like BGP, RIP.
Good knowledge of porting and cross-compilation. Ported FreeBSD-libc to Symbian Platform.
Worked on Linux Device Driver(Parallel port Control panel, USB mass storage driver), System programming, ELF32,DWARF, binary optimization.
Worked on GNU Tools chain like Cross-Compiler, Makefile, Auto Conf.
Worked on drivers for SPI, UART, I2C, GPIO Bus as part of board bringup.
Good Knowledge of Multithreading, Semaphore, Message queue, Shared memory and other IPC mechanism.
Bring up of Board and enhanced product for power star energy consumption by implementing various sleeping mode in Devices like scanner, Fax, Hard drive etc.
Knowledge of GNU tool chain and cross compilation
Participated in Code reviews, Risk management, design document as well as implementation phase.
Good knowledge of Object oriented Analysis and design.
Good Knowledge of Xen/ Qemu and virtualization.
Worked on Malware Analysis and disassembly
Very good and through knowledge of Hypervisor like Xen, KVM.