Training Exercises for Extreme Athletes - Board Sports
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Breathing Techniques
- Roots Technique
- Absorbing Shock Techniques
- Falling Techniques
- Board Balancing Techniques
- Self Healing Techniques
- Must be open and excited
Train to withstand great amounts of force/impact encountered in the nature of snowboarding, surfing, skateboarding.
1) Phase One - Introduction for All Levels
· Fire Path Breathe – A guided breathe mediation to invoke the spirit and charge the body up with ENERGY.
· Roots – Roots is the connection between you and the earth. We will practice balancing techniques as a group so you can work on your root strength.
·Absorption – Envision your body as a spring the spring moves up and down and the spring can twist from side to side at the hips. Learning how to operate your spring.
· Falling Techniques – Learning proper falling techniques you will be able to respond better in the case of an accident.
· Board Balancing – There are several types of riding postures and balancing techniques.
· Heal the Body – Find a place on the mat to roll into child’s pose and flip on the mat and then lead the ENERGY through the body with the mind.
- Snowboarders - Looking for balance, new training exercises, an anywhere exercise designed for hard shredders.
- Skateboarders - Looking for balance, new training exercises, an anywhere exercise designed for hard shredders.
- Surfers - Looking for balance, new training exercises, an anywhere exercise designed for hard shredders.
- Wake Boarders - Looking for balance, new training exercises, an anywhere exercise designed for hard shredders.
- Skim Boarders - Looking for balance, new training exercises, an anywhere exercise designed for hard shredders.
- Students that have never tried a board sport, but would like to learn techniques before going to the snow, wave, or skatepark.
The Fire Path Breathing or Dragons Breathe will give you the power of reverse abdominal breathing used to energize the body and mind. This is an introduction to this technique.
You will be able to calm your mind energize your body and develop focus and concentration for your board sport.
Focus and concentration will help you get that next trick, line, or wave, you will feel alert, alive, and aware.
Roots will teach you how to stretch your shoulders, neck, hips, and back all while balancing and feeling the ground firmly underneath you.
Students that are serious will practice with diligence and patience.
‘What is firmly rooted cannot be broken”
Use the breathing techniques from the last video for a better physical regiment.
Shoulders, neck, hips, and back are vital to us as athletes.
You can’t recover fast from injuring any of these mentioned above.
I will give a a future course on strengthening the limbs.
Students who are serious will practice with diligence and patients.
Falling hurts so teach your body impact and awareness to lessen the blow.
Three things to take with you;
2) Grab Chest
3) Go for the back ( Forearms if you are falling on your face)
Exhale when you crash to lessen the blow.
Students will learn how to heal the body.
Practice deep relaxation during this meditation to heal and spread the energy smoothly around the body evenly.
Begin to gain a deep awareness of your mind and body.
Feel your body be aware of all your aches and pains, new and old injuries.
Learn to communicate with the your aches and pains.
Heal your aches and pains with the breathe
Lead the energy to the injury
Pain is your bodies communication process with the brain if you use a substance to lessen the pain you are blocking that communication process. Learn to breathe with your injury as it is aching you will find eventually the body will receive that communication and likely lessen the pain and heal your body faster.
I am no medical expert and use the advice from different cultures around the world. I do have proof in my own practice. Born with a rare blood disorder I was a victim of some western doctors poking, and probing till I felt weaker. I started this this mediation ten years ago. I take no medication for my blood disorder since then. I have broken my shoulder and collar bone failing to land a switch under flip, I recovered and was ready for next season.
I broke my ankle practicing a FS Cork 720 into the Olympic pool during training in August. I healed with no medication and was back on the slopes riding in November and I competed that year as well in the 4* Freeride World Qualifiers Tour.
The last one I was at Woodward in Park City, Utah.
I was training and had been crushing the park it was 7:30 pm when I fell off a tall rail and landed flat.
I was aware that I was falling and I went for my back jumping off the rail exhale to strengthen my body.
When I landed I obviously didn’t feel right. I had knocked the wind out of myself. I finally found my breath road to the bottom and was coughing up blood.
I spent a night in the ICU refusing blood transfusions, oxygen assistance, or any pills. I practiced my fire path for hours.
The results came back after the x - rays and the doctors were baffled that I collapsed a lung but had no bruise or mark of any kind. They said at least I should have a few broken ribs. I took 20 days off doing this entire set twice a day. Needless to say I caught the next powder cycle at Snowbird and was doing backflips again.
I will talk more about these stories in a future podcast.