Baking cakes with honey
What you'll learn
- You will learn about the types and grades of honey
- You will learn about the properties of honey in cooking
- You will learn how to substitute sugar with honey in any recipe
- You will learn how to make 10 delicious cakes using honey
- Basic baking equipment - cooker, measuring jug, scales for weighing etc
- Some baking experience is helpful but not essential
- Access to cake ingredients including honey, flour etc as specified by each recipie
In section one of the course we look at honey. Honey is an amazing natural product produced by honeybees.
We look at how honey is produced and the different types/grades of honey.
Consuming pure natural honey supports the livelihoods of beekeepers and the spread of beekeeping by creating a high demand for honey. We all benefit from a healthier environment if we have more bees around. Scientists tell us that pollinators, most often honey bees, are responsible for one in every three bites of food we take.
In the course we also look at the properties honey has a sweetener in baking and how to substitute sugar for honey in any recipe.
We will then go on to look at the equipment you will need to bake the 10 recipes in this course.
In section two we demonstrate 10 specially selected honey cakes and cookie recipes for you to try at home.
We begin by looking at your basic honey cake. Did you know that people compete in honey shows to make the best honey cake? We then demonstrate a whole variety of other honey cake recipes including such delicious cakes as blueberry honey cake and bee sweet banana bread.
In section three we give you links to sources of further recipes so that you can make even more delicious honey cakes and biscuits.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who want to learn how to make some delicious cakes using honey
- Those who want to use honey as a substitute for sugar in their baking
- Those who want some delicious honey cakes they can make easily at honey
My expertise lies in a variety of areas including futures thinking, the future of work and future skills for the 4th Industrial Revolution. I am also passionate about the environment and beekeeping (a life-long passion!).
I hold a Bachelors degree in Agricultural Science from University College Dublin, an MSc in Entrepreneurship (Stirling, University, UK), an MSc in Environmental Science (UCD) and a PhD in Rural Development (UCD).
I am an avid life-long learner which is essential for all of us in today's fast changing world.
I bring my varied background and experiences into all my courses on Udemy which I hope brings a fresh and enjoyable perspective to everything that I teach.
Thank you and I look forward to seeing you on one of my courses.