Bacula 1: the open source backup software
What you'll learn
- Make the student ready to fully plan, install, configure and operate a Bacula backup system
- Understand the most used backup strategies
- Be able to configure the backup for several specific applications (databases, virtual machines etc.)
- 2 virtual or physical Linux machines for Bacula Director and Client (at least one Debian 7.6 recommended) with 10 Gb free space on disk
- 1 virtual or physical Windows Machine (server recommended) with 10 Gb free space on disk
The course presents the theory and practice of backups, covering installation, recovery, backup specific tools, disaster recovery and many other important aspects of safe and reliable backups. Real situations recording and retrieval data will be simulated.
The course is very practical: 10% theory / 90% hands-on, and all the commands are availale on the training documentation.
* Backup Theory
* Backup Policies
* Types, myths, topologies and backup strategies (GFS).
* Bacula Key Features and Architeture
* Bacula Server Installation and Configuration on Linux
* Installing and Configuring the Bacula Client (Linux and Windows)
* Data Compression
* Configuration and Operation of: disk storages, magnetic tape drives and autochangers
* Bacula Commands
* Full and partial data restore
* Graphical Interfaces
* Bacula Server disasters recovery
* Run and After Backup scripts
* Specific applications backup: virtual machines, databases, mail servers etc.
* Volumes Copy and Migration
* Files Deduplication
Everyone who works with backup or need corporate data protection should do this training in order to know more about the inner workings of this wonderful open source backup tool. It's also great for IT university students and teachers, since it allows it's code studying and modification.
Who this course is for:
- System Administrators
- IT Technicians
- IT Managers
Heitor Faria has an EB-1 Visa (USA Alien of Extraordinary Ability) and a Master degree certificate from Brasília National University (UNB) with 3.5 GPA. "Bacula: Open Source Backup Software" (English, Spanish & Portuguese), "Open Licenses & Fundamental Rights" (Portuguese) books and scientific papers author. Bacula, Alfresco and Wordpress Training instructor at Udemy, with more than 1200 students in 52 countries. Worked as a System Analyst on a Brazilian governmental company called SERPRO and for Neocode Software (Canada). Law Graduated. IT Service Manager and Project Management extension degrees. Bacula Brazilian community founder. Has plenty of experience as a server/backup systems administrator (Windows, Linux, Netware, directory services) and as IT/Project Manager. Speaker at several international free software events. ITIL-F, TOEFL, EMC Storage E05-001 and LPIC-III Certified Professional. Mr. Paulo Animal Cause Supporter.