Back Pain Management Simplified with Dr Hamilton Hall
What you'll learn
- BONUS content: Dr Hall's introductory 6 lectures on NECK PAIN history, physical exam and patterns
- Simplify your understanding and management of back pain
- Gain clarity, certainty and confidence in helping your patients overcome back pain
- Discover a simple pattern-based approach to mechanical back pain rather than diagnosis-based approach
- Learn how to actually use clinical guidelines in your practice, managing back pain!
- Successfully manage back pain without sending for unnecessary x-rays or MRI
- Treat non-specific mechanical back pain specifically!
- Determine how to differentiate back/leg dominant pain
- Examine and accurately recognize back pain patterns
- Learn from The Back Doctor himself, Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon, Dr Hamilton Hall!
- You should ideally have experience working with patients who have suffered with mechanical back pain
- A pre-existing manual therapy or musculoskeletal-oriented qualification would be of great value
- You can also be a patient desiring to understand your back pain!
- If you're a GP, this is for you as well!
If you wish to gain clarity, certainty and confidence in helping your patients overcome back pain in a proven, guidelines-concordant way, plus reduce x-ray, MRI and surgical referrals, then this short course is for you!
At the end of this course, you will have mastered an evidence-based, proven pattern-based approach to mechanical back pain. The course is presented in video lecture format by The Back Doctor, orthopaedic spine surgeon, Dr. Hamilton Hall, MD, FRCSC, and includes high quality peer-reviewed literature, practical printable documents, quizzes and a CPD/CEU certificate upon completion.
This course has been created by Spine Care South Africa, the materials of which are used by express permission of Dr Hamilton Hall and the Canadian Back Institute (CBI Health Group), now the largest rehabilitation company in Canada.
Who this course is for:
- Manual therapists
- General practitioners
- Orthopaedic surgeons
Dr. Hamilton Hall is a Professor in the Department of Surgery at the University of Toronto and on the orthopaedic staff at the Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.
In 1974 Dr. Hall founded the Canadian Back Institute (CBI Health Group), now the largest rehabilitation company in Canada. Dr. Hall continues to serve as its Medical Director.
He is a co-founder of the Canadian Spine Society and is presently the Society's Executive Director.
Dr. Hamilton Hall is a member of the North American Spine Society, the Canadian Orthopaedic Association and the International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine. He has served on the editorial boards of Spine, The Spine Journal and The BackLetter.
In addition to over 100 published articles and book chapters and 1000 invited presentations, Dr. Hamilton Hall is the author of the best-selling Back Doctor series, most recently A Consultation with the Back Doctor.