Azure Synapse Analytics For Data Engineers -Hands On Project
What you'll learn
- You will learn how to build a real world project using Azure Synapse Analytics. This course has been taught using real world data from NYC Taxi Trips data
- You will acquire professional level data engineering skills in Azure Synapse Analytics
- You will learn how to create SQL scripts and Spark notebooks in Azure Synapse Analytics
- You will learn how to create dedicated SQL pools and spark pools in Azure Synapse Analytics
- You will learn how to enable synapse link and enable analytic store in Cosmos DB
- You will learn how to ingest and transform data Serverless SQL Pool and Spark Pool
- You will learn how to load data into dedicated SQL Pool
- You will learn how to serve data to Power BI from Serverless SQL Pool and Dedicated SQL Pool
- You will learn how to execute scripts and notebooks using Synapse Pipelines and Triggers
- You will learn how to do operational reporting from the data stored in Cosmos DB using Azure Synapse Analytics
- You will learn how to build reports in Power BI for the data stored in Azure Synapse Analytics
- All the code and step-by-step instructions are provided, but the skills below will greatly benefit your journey
- Basic SQL knowledge will be required
- Basic Python programming experience will be required
- Knowledge of cloud fundamentals will be beneficial, but not necessary
- Azure subscription will be required, If you don't have one we will create a free account in the course
I am looking forward to helping you with learning one of the in-demand data engineering tools in the cloud, Azure Synapse Analytics! This course has been taught with implementing a data engineering solution using Azure Synapse Analytics for a real world project of analysing and reporting on NYC Taxi trips data.
This is like no other course in Udemy for Azure Synapse Analytics. Once you have completed the course including all the assignments, I strongly believe that you will be in a position to start a real world data engineering project on your own and also proficient on Azure Synapse Analytics. The primary focus of the course is Azure Synapse Analytics, but it also covers the relevant concepts and connectivity to the other technologies mentioned.
The course follows a logical progression of a real world project implementation with technical concepts being explained and the scripts and notebooks being built at the same time. Even though this course is not specifically designed to teach you the skills required for passing the Azure Data Engineer Associate Certification Exam DP203, it can greatly help you get most of the necessary skills required for the exam.
I value your time as much as I do mine. So, I have designed this course to be fast-paced and to the point. Also, the course has been taught with simple English and no jargons. I start the course from basics and by the end of the course you will be proficient in the technologies used.
Currently the course teaches you the following
Azure Synapse Analytics Architecture
Serverless SQL Pool
Dedicated SQL Pool
Synapse Link for Cosmos DB / Hybrid Transactional and Analytical Processing (HTAP) capability
Power BI Integration with Azure Synapse Analytics
Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 integration with Azure Synapse Analytics
Project using NYC Taxi Trips data using the above technologies
Please note that the following are not currently covered
Advanced concepts around Dedicated SQL Pool
Who this course is for:
- University students looking for a career in Data Engineering
- IT developers working on other disciplines trying to move to Data Engineering
- Data Engineers/ Data Warehouse Developers currently working on on-premises technologies, or other cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP who want to learn Azure Data Technologies
- Data Architects looking to gain an understanding about Azure Data Engineering stack
Hello! I am a full time senior data engineer/ architect. I have over 20 years of experience delivering some of the large data projects for industries ranging from technology, gaming, finance, retail and government. The projects I delivered were both on cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS as well as On-premises. I am also a Microsoft certified Azure Data Engineer Associate.
I have a passion for teaching and I take great pride in the success of my students. I have a different style of teaching than that of a standard I.T. trainer. My courses are based on real world projects. My courses will, not only explain the concepts, but also make them stick by using real world projects and examples. Throughout the course I give guidance on good practices and guide you towards building a production ready application. I strongly believe that once you have completed my courses you will have sufficient experience and knowledge required to start a real time project on that technology. Of course you may require further learning to progress in your career, but I will give you the required foundation and put you in the right direction to gain additional knowledge.
I value your time as much as I do mine. So, I keep my courses to the point and my courses have been taught in simple English without any jargons.