Azure DevOps and Continuous Delivery With Git
What you'll learn
- How to setup Azure DevOps Organizations
- How to leverage the Services Azure DevOps provides
- How to setup and distribute work items across teams
- How to setup Azure DevOps Build and Release Pipelines for Continuous Delivery & Continuous Deployment
- How to plan and track work items using Azure Boards
- How to manage Git Repos and setup branching and pull request policies
- Understand how DevOps works in an Organization
- Understand how to protect builds and setup gated check-ins for source code
- How to automate app deployments to physical servers or cloud environments
- Understanding some fundamentals of project delivery is an asset
Microsoft has a toolset to support continuous integration and delivery and DevOps called Azure DevOps. Continuous delivery on Microsoft Azure DevOps enables DevOps engineers to deploy applications faster and cheaper than ever before by using continuous delivery. This allows your team to create simple and robust deployment pipelines that can integrate directly with almost any environment.
In this course, Azure DevOps and Continuous Delivery With Git, you will learn the fundamentals of Azure DevOps. This will enable you to confidently manage project resources, sprints and workloads and deliver products and value to your organization more efficiently. Azure DevOps helps to remove apprehensions with product deployments, while keeping the integrity of each released version intact.
This course will enable you to effectively management the various moving parts of the project, all in one space, and to better navigate the agile delivery space. Everything action is done within context and alternatives are always discussed. You will always be aware of why certain actions need to be, or can be taken.
We will also spend some time exploring Git for Source Control. Git is the most popular source control management system on the market and Azure DevOps has expertly integrated with it. We will look at the different features and allowances that we have when we use Git and explore how it can help our team to collaborate effectively and work as efficiently as possible.
What You Will Learn
In this course, Azure DevOps and Continuous Delivery With Git, you will get an overview of
Setup Azure DevOps Organization
Azure DevOps Tools and Dashboards
Azure DevOps Boards and Backlogs
Setting Up Work Items
Setting Up Git Repositories
Azure DevOps Build and Release Pipelines
Different Deployment Patterns and Scenarios
How to use Templates and Secure Variables
Azure DevOps Test Plans
By the end of this course, you should have a fundamental understanding of what Microsoft Azure DevOps brings to the table and how you can introduce it to your organization to streamline your development and value stream team efforts.
Who this course is for:
- Developers who want to better understand code deployment with DevOps
- System administrators and Release Engineers who want to streamline their software deployment tasks
- Value Stream leads, Project managers and Product Owners who want to better understand the CI/CD workflow
- Anyone looking to get a better understanding of Azure DevOps and how it can be introduced into an organization
Trevoir Williams is a passionate software and system engineer with a strong drive to share the best of his knowledge with students around the globe. His educational achievements include a Master’s degree in Computer Science (major in Software Development) and several Microsoft Azure Certifications.
His impressive work experience includes software consulting, software engineering, database development, cloud system, and server administration, lecturing, and he’s also a musician!
Trevoir enjoys teaching IT and development skills and guides students in gaining the latest knowledge with practical application in the modern industry.