AZ-500 Azure Security Technologies 2023 - Training Course
What you'll learn
- Implement enterprise governance strategies including role-based access control, Azure policies, and resource locks.
- Implement an Azure AD infrastructure including users, groups, and multi-factor authentication.
- Implement Azure AD Identity Protection including risk policies, conditional access, and access reviews.
- Implement Azure AD Privileged Identity Management including Azure AD roles and Azure resources.
- Implement Azure AD Connect including authentication methods and on-premises directory synchronization.
- Implement perimeter security strategies including Azure Firewall.
- Implement network security strategies including Network Security Groups and Application Security Groups.
- Implement host security strategies including endpoint protection, remote access management, update management, and disk encryption.
- Implement container security strategies including Azure Container Instances, Azure Container Registry, and Azure Kubernetes.
- Implement Azure Key Vault including certificates, keys, and secretes.
- Implement application security strategies including app registration, managed identities, and service endpoints.
- Implement storage security strategies including shared access signatures, blob retention policies, and Azure Files authentication.
- Implement database security strategies including authentication, data classification, dynamic data masking, and always encrypted.
- Implement Azure Monitor including connected sources, log analytics, and alerts.
- Implement Azure Security Center including policies, recommendations, and just in time virtual machine access.
- Implement Azure Sentinel including workbooks, incidents, and playbooks.
- Have some experience deploying Azure workloads
- Be willing to watch the course, follow the demos and use the hands-on labs
Become an Azure Security Engineer with this AZ-500 Exam Prep Course! This comprehensive course is designed to provide IT professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to pass the Microsoft AZ-500 exam and obtain the highly-desired Azure Security Engineer Associate certification. You will gain a deep understanding of all exam objectives. Give your career the boost it needs and enroll today!
Learn by Doing
157-page e-book (free and exclusive)
Access to resource template library on GitHub
In-depth demonstrations led by a Microsoft Certified Trainer
Quizzes to test your knowledge
30-Day Money Back Guarantee ★★★★★
I want you to be satisfied, so if for whatever reason you are unhappy with the course, you can request a partial or full refund within 30 days.
Skills Measured as of February 2, 2023
Below you can find the list of topics covered in this course.
Manage Identity and Access
Manage Identities in Azure AD
Secure users in Azure AD
Secure Directory Groups in Azure AD
Recommend When to Use External Identities
Implement Azure AD Identity Protection
Manage Administrative Units
Manage Authentication by Using Azure AD
Implement Passwordless Authentication
Implement single sign-on (SSO)
Integrate Single Sign-on (SSO) and Identity Providers
Manage Authorization by Using Azure AD
Configure Azure Role Permissions for Management Groups, Subscriptions, Resource Groups, and Resources
Assign Built-in Roles in Azure AD
Interpret Role and Resource Permissions
Create and assign custom roles, including Azure roles and Azure AD roles
Configure Azure AD Privileged Identity Management (PIM)
Configure Role Management and Access Reviews by using Microsoft Entra Identity
Implement Conditional Access policies
Manage Application Access in Azure AD
Manage App Registrations in Azure AD
Configure App Registration Permission Scopes
Manage App Registration Permission Consent
Manage and Use Service Principals
Manage Managed Identities for Azure Resources
Manage API Permissions to Azure Subscriptions and Resources
Plan and Implement Security for Virtual Networks
Plan and implement Network Security Groups (NSGs) and Application Security Groups (ASGs)
Secure the connectivity of virtual networks
Configure firewall settings on PaaS resources
Plan and Implement Security for Private Access to Azure Resources
Plan and Implement Virtual Network Service Endpoints
Plan and Implement Private Endpoints
Plan and Implement Private Link services
Plan and Implement Network Integration for Azure App Service and Azure Functions
Implement Network Isolation for Data Solutions, Including Azure Synapse Analytics and Azure Cosmos DB
Plan and Implement Security for Public Access to Azure resources
Plan and Implement TLS to Applications, Including Azure App Service and API Management
Plan, Implement, and Manage an Azure Firewall
Plan, Implement, and Manage an Azure Firewall Manager and Firewall Policies
Plan and Implement an Azure Application Gateway
Plan and implement an Azure Front Door, Including Content Delivery Network (CDN)
Plan and implement a Web Application Firewall (WAF)
Recommend when to use Azure DDoS Protection Standard
Secure Compute, Storage, and Databases
Plan and Implement Advanced Security for Compute
Plan and implement remote access to public endpoints, including Azure Bastion
Plan and implement remote access to public endpoints, including Just-in-Time Access (JIT)
Configure Security for Container Services
Manage access to Azure Container Registry (ACR)
Configure Disk Encryption, Including Azure Disk Encryption (ADE), Encryption as Host
Configure Endpoint Protection for virtual machines (VMs)
Implement and manage security updates for VMs
Configure Security for Serverless Compute
Plan and Implement Security for Storage
Configure Access Control for Storage Accounts
Manage Fife Cycle for Storage Account Access Keys
Configure Delegated Access
Select and Configure an Appropriate Method for Access to Azure Files
Plan and Implement Security for Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Managed Instance
Enable Database Authentication by Using Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), part of Microsoft Entra
Enable Database Auditing
Plan and Implement Dynamic Masking
Implement Transparent Database Encryption (TDE)
Manage Security Operations
Plan, Implement, and Manage Governance for Security
Create, Assign, and Interpret Security Policies in Azure Policy
Create, Assign, and Interpret Security Initiatives in Azure Policy
Create and Configure an Azure Key Vault
Recommend when to use a Dedicated HSM
Configure Access to Key Vault, Including Vault Access Policies and Azure Role Based Access Control
Manage Certificates, Secrets, and Keys
Configure Key Rotation
Configure Backup and Recovery of Certificates, Secrets, and Keys
Configure and Manage Threat Protection by Using Microsoft Defender for Cloud
Add industry and regulatory standards to Microsoft Defender for Cloud
Configure and Manage Threat Protection by Using Microsoft Defender for Cloud
Configure Microsoft Defender for Servers
Configure Microsoft Defender for Azure SQL Database
Evaluate Vulnerability Scans from Microsoft Defender for Server
Configure and Manage Security Monitoring and Automation Solutions
Create and Customize Alert Rules by Using Azure Monitor
Configure Diagnostic Logging and Log Retention by using Azure Monitor
Monitor Security Events by Using Azure Monitor
Configure Data Connectors in Microsoft Sentinel
Create and Customize Analytics Rules in Microsoft Sentinel
Evaluate Alerts and Incidents in Microsoft Sentinel
Who this course is for:
- IT professionals preparing to take the Microsoft AZ-500 exam
- IT professionals looking to specialize in security for Azure services
- Azure security engineers
Everton is a highly skilled and experienced Azure Cloud Solutions Architect Expert, Microsoft Certified Trainer, and AWS Cloud Solutions Architect Associate with 11 years of expertise in the data field. He has a proven track record of successfully architecting and implementing complex enterprise data solutions in both the Cloud and on-premises environments. With a deep understanding of Azure and the SQL Server platform, Everton is a self-taught and passionate professional, dedicated to delivering exceptional results