Foundations of Ayurvedic Psychology & Mental Health
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn the ancient ways of classifying mental health disorders.
- Learn the basics of Ayurveda such as understanding the doshas (universal energies).
- Learn techniques for correcting mental health imbalances.
- Learn a basic structure for understanding herbal and dietary energetics.
- Gain new perspective in understanding human relationships.
- Gain new perspective on how to balance physically, emotionally, mentally & spiritually.
- None. But a having taken basic classes on psychology and/or biology can help.
This course is designed to help provide you with foundational knowledge of Ayurvedic Psychology and Mental Health. Even the ancients were dealing with mental health disorders, as a matter of fact, pretty much identical to the ones we are facing today. Sometimes gaining new perspectives can greatly aid in our ability to be effective in helping others and ourselves.
Ayurveda, "The Science of Life", is interesting in that by learning it we can acquire so much insight into understanding why people behave the way they do. We can also begin to understand why they have certain personality characteristics. It can aid us in understanding ourselves and how to live in harmony with nature from the inside out.
Ayurveda can seem esoteric for some. It can be hard to grasp because we often are dealing with concepts that seem so foreign and defy our regular way of thinking. That is why this course was intentionally made with You (the learner) in mind. It is delivered in a clear, concise way as not to create confusion. You will also see themes that repeat themselves through other Ayurvedic courses. This re-enforces understanding and retention of the content.
The more you study Ayurveda, the more the doshas (universal energies) will make sense to you and you can apply them in more and more areas. Almost everything in Ayurveda is based off understanding these doshas: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Using this foundational knowledge you will gain you can apply these concepts to many areas aside from healthcare including business, organizations, relationships, sports and more.
You will also gain new perspective on relationships between people with varying energy types. This can be of so much benefit when it comes to creating cultures of understanding and cohesion. It can also benefit your close relationships: friends, family, and romantic. Learning Ayurveda can be truly life changing. It allows us to see life from a lens that shows us all the things we were missing!
This course builds you from the ground up. You can be a beginner or even a seasoned practitioner and still pick up valuable information. The basic structure involves the learning how the ancient seers & physicians coded the material matter of the universe, which is really key in learning the energetics of foods and herbs. This allows us to advance ourself when it comes to medical herbalism, Ayurvedic Psychiatry, or just to make quality informed decisions when planning our own health regimen.
- Those who are interested in Ayurveda, and balancing the body through nature.
- Those who would like to gain new insight to understanding human psychology.
- Those who would like to broaden their repertoire beyond mainstream Ayurvedic knowledge.
- Yoga practitioners or teachers. Ayurveda is known as the "sister science" to Yoga.
- Medical practitioners, or mental health practitioners.
- Those who would like to gain foundational knowledge of medical herbalism.