What you'll learn
- The goal of this course is to provide students with a solid foundation in Ayurveda.
- The goal is for the student to be able to make better food choices based on their individual and unique Doshic Constitution.
- In this course you will learn:
- The 5 Element Theory
- The 3 Gunas (Three States of Mind)
- The 3 Doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha)
- The 6 Tastes of Food
- The 3 Categories of Food
- What is your Dosha?
- How to use a Neti Pot
- How to facilitate a Bowel Movement
- How to use a Tongue Cleaner
- and much much more
- There are no special materials or prerequisite knowledge required for this course.
- Just a willingness to learn and have an intuitive and "open-mind".
This course is designed for students of all kinds whose main desire is to focus on preventative health care. It is no secret that in these modern times, we have deviated slightly from a holistic perspective. What does that mean? That we have forgotten that we are all interconnected beings, not only with other humans, but with nature itself. What happens in nature, happens in us. We are the five elements. Learn what those five elements have to do with your health.
This topic and many more may be found in this course. Most people are looking for a way to lose weight and find their original weight; that is as a result of an imbalance. In this course you will also find a very thorough assessment so that you may better get to your perfect state of balance and discover in which area(s) you are out of balance.
This course is a comprehensive compilation of the most fundamental and basic topics of Ayurveda. Yet, don't be fooled that because it is a foundational course it is not powerful! The exact topics that you are about to learn are the ones that have kept me healthy for the past eight years without having to visit a doctor. I no longer suffer from any ailments that would blow up into a full manifestation of dis"ease".
Ayurveda is yoga's sister science, and they both act as an integrative system for healing, bringing awareness to your consciousness, and transformation to all levels of your existence. This is no small matter. The time has come to expand your horizons and explore what other methods of prevention have to offer. Invest in your most valuable commodity - your health.
Who this course is for:
- The course is intended for anyone who wants to learn the Basic Laws of Nature in order to have better health. No specific level of knowledge or experience is needed. Anyone is invited to partake in this course. Individuals who are willing to take some extra effort in their own health education and be willing to change some "old patterns" will benefit most from this course.
After more than 10 years of witnessing human suffering working as a San Francisco Police Officer, and myself becoming a "victim" of dis"ease", finding an alternative to that lifestyle was not even a question anymore. Courage was my health insurance, and determination my pension plan. I left that life and never looked back. Yet, the most rewarding outcome of my police career was receiving my Basic Instructor Certificate, which I used the last five years to teach leadership to incoming officers at the academy. That amazing experience enabled me to currently lead workshops in Ayurveda.
Yoga, Ayurveda (Indian Medical System), Jyotish (Vedic Astrology), Hasta (Scientific Hand Analysis), and Vastu (Indian Feng Shui) are all passions of mine.
I studied Ayurveda at the California College of Ayurveda and received certification at the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm; both in Grass Valley, CA.