AWS VPC Transit Gateway - Hands On Learning!
- Should have basic understanding about AWS Cloud Services primarily VPC & EC2.
- You must have an AWS account to follow with me for hands-on activities.
Welcome to this Amazing course on AWS VPC Transit Gateway. We will learn by practically implementing AWS VPC Transit Gateway in 3 practical scenarios.
1. Implement Transit Gateway using default route tables.
2. Implement Transit Gateway by sharing it with cross accounts.
3. Implement Transit Gateway by creating multiple custom route tables and controlling the traffic between different VPC's as desired.
4. During the process, we will create VPC's, Subnets, Route Tables, Internet Gateways and EC2 VM's where we gain knowledge about these features by practically creating them 4 times during the course.
***************Section wise course details**********************
01 Step 01: Introduction
01 Step 02: AWS Transit Gateway Introduction
Pre-requisite Environment required for Transit Gateway
02 Step 01: AWS Transit Gateway Environment Setup Introduction
02 Step 02: Create VPC, Subnet, Internet Gateway & Route Tables
02 Step 03: Create EC2 VM's in all 3 VPC's
02 Step 04: Test VM's by login to them
Create Transit Gateway with Default Route Tables
03 Step 01: Create Transit Gateway
03 Step 02: Create VPC Attachments for Dev and QA VPC
03 Step 03: Test Connectivity for Dev and QA VPC
03 Step 04: Create VPC Attachment for Shared (shrd) VPC and Test
03 Step 05: Add new subnet in existing Availability Zone selected in VPC Attachment and Test
03 Step 06: Add new subnet in new Availability Zone not selected in VPC Attachment and Test
Cross Account Sharing - Share Transit Gateway with external AWS Accounts
04 Step 01: Introduction about Cross Account Sharing of Transit Gateway
04 Step 02: Create Resource Share using AWS Resource Access Manager
04 Step 03: External / Second / Cross Account: Create VPC, Subnet, IGW, Routes & EC2 VM's
04 Step 04: Create VPC Attachment in External/Second Account and Accept it in First Account
04 Step 05: Test the connectivity b/w Cross Account VPC and Dev, QA, SHRD VPC in First Accnt
04 Step 06: Cross Account Transit Gateway sharing - Conclusion
Transit Gateway with Custom Route Tables
05 Step 01: Introduction to Transit Gateway with Custom Route Tables
05 Step 02: Cleanup current Associations & Propagations in default Route Table
05 Step 03: Implement TGW Custom Route Table between Dev and QA VPC
05 Step 04: Implement TGW Custom Route Table between Dev and Shared (shrd) VPC
05 Step 05: Implement TGW Custom Route Table between QA and Cross Account Dev VPC (cadev)
05 Step 06: Perform Negative Tests
05 Step 07: Conclusion - Custom Route Tables in Transit Gateway
Who this course is for:
- Technologists who have basic AWS knowledge
- Technologists who want to implement AWS VPC Transit Gateway in their AWS network architecture
I'm Kalyan Reddy Daida, an Architect with 15 Years of experience in designing complex Infrastructure solutions, Java programming and design with major payroll clients across the world.
I have special interests in cloud technologies and cloud-native solutions like Kubernetes and Istio. I am passionate about learning new technology and teaching.
I have extensive experience in architecting, designing and implementing solutions on AWS.
About Stack Simplify
At Stack Simplify we focus on implementing real world scenarios in our courses.
Each of our courses focuses on providing hands-on experience to students in learning new technology in a step-by-step and interesting manner.