Rocking AWS Serverless - A Real World Guide
What you'll learn
- Master AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Serverless Databases (DynamoDB, Aurora Serverless), Cloud9, Step Function
- Learn DevOps and AWS CI/CD Services - CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline and CodeStar
- Simplify Serverless deployment with AWS SAM and various Serverless Frameworks (Yes, there is more than one!)
- Secure Serverless using Cognito, Secrets Manager, Resource Policy, API Key, Resource Policy, Lambda Authorizer
- Design Serverless Architecture based on best practices and limitations!
- Course up to date with all recent announcements - Lambda Layers, CloudWatch Insights, Lambda VPC Improvements, X-Ray and more!
- Serverless Vs Container discussion, including ECS Vs EKS Vs Fargate
- Very basic understanding of the AWS (Amazon Web Services) Cloud would be advantageous
- Willingness to learn lots of new and exciting things!
**[Nov 2021] Updated with all newest features - Lambda Container Image, re:Invent 2020 Changes, Step Function Visual Workflow, EFS Lambda, RDS Proxy, Custom Domain, HTTP API with Demos, EventBridge Deep Dive **
Serverless computing is the future of Cloud Computing. You can deploy AWS Lambda functions in Amazon Web Services that infinitely scale without managing any servers! Serverless is the tool that you need to grow your career.
How is this course different?
This course will teach you the ENTIRE Serverless ecosystem. We will start with:
Understand, Develop and Deploy AWS Lambda
Create REST APIs using Lambda and API Gateway
Learn DevOps and entire AWS CI/CD Services (CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, Code Pipeline, CodeStar)
AWS SAM (Serverless Application Model)
Serverless Vs Container
The Serverless Framework
Serverless Best Practices and Architecture Patterns
But it doesn't stop there. We will learn:
Debugging and Pair Programming using AWS Cloud9
Tracing using X-Ray, CloudWatch Log Insights to gain performance insights on our Lambdas and APIs
Ways to secure our design with in-depth lectures and demo. This includes:
API Key and Usage Plans
AWS Cognito User Pools
AWS Secrets Manager
Lambda Resource Policies
Lambda Authorizer (Custom Authorizer)
API Gateway Resource Policies
Encrypting data using CMK (Customer Managed Keys)
Other relevant AWS Services such as Step Functions, Comprehend etc
Databases that complement Serverless - DynamoDB and Serverless Aurora
A real world news sentiment analysis project
Limitations of Serverless (Yes, there are indeed some!)
And much much more!
About the instructor
Rajdeep Saha is an AWS-Professional Certified Solutions Architect working at a leading cloud provider, he has worked in Fortune top 20 companies as Distinguished Cloud Architect. Unlike pen and paper architects, Rajdeep has migrated real enterprise projects into cloud - both in VMs (EC2) and Serverless. He has published blogs and presented well received talks in Serverless Conferences.
Rajdeep often uses real-world analogy to explain AWS concepts in this course, which makes it easier for the students to understand and retain the knowledge. Rajdeep also presents and attends in all major cloud conferences and keeps up to date in his domain. You are in capable hands! All opinions are Rajdeep's own.
This is the course that could take your career to next level. Serverless is the way of future and you can get started today and become an expert.
Let's have some fun and build some awesome stuff in cloud together!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to focus on services, not servers and create highly scalable and extremely cost optimized Apps and APIs
- Anyone who wants to learn about AWS Lambda and the Serverless ecosystem
- Solution Architects who wants to understand the design principles of Serverless Architectures, including the limitations of Serverless!
- Any engineer who wants to gain detailed hands on understanding of cloud security, especially for Serverless
Rajdeep Saha is an Enterprise Cloud Architect. He is AWS-Professional Certified Solutions Architect and has worked in Fortune top 20 companies as Distinguished Cloud Architect. He has migrated real enterprise projects into cloud. He has published blogs and presented well received talks in conferences.
Rajdeep is also top 11% finisher in Kaggle Data Science competitions.
When not dabbling in cutting edge technology, Rajdeep could be found racing bicycles for charity.
All opinions are Rajdeep's own.